Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

UPDATE...Poorman's S/E Air Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Ganno57
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Poorman's S/E Air Cleaner

ORIGINAL: Paratrooper

You can buy the SE AC kit on Ebay from Eastern Performance Cycles or directly from their website for $79. I just bought and installed it on my 06 FLSTI...IT ROCKS!!!

PS.... and you get the SE insert ring.
I believe the SE kit comes with the white paper filter, NOT the K&N, but I could be wrong.

Old 11-24-2005, 11:19 PM
twoseas
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Paratrooper

You can buy the SE AC kit on Ebay from Eastern Performance Cycles or directly from their website for $79. I just bought and installed it on my 06 FLSTI...IT ROCKS!!!

PS.... and you get the SE insert ring.
Paratrooper,
Just went to ebay and their "buy it now" price is $119.95 plus $9.00 shipping. Their only website S/E Air Filter is for a Sporty and it goes for 92.95 plus shipping.

Please show us where you can get it for a Touring Bike for $79.00 unless you won it at an auction.

Electrageezer is right...you don't get the much improved K&N filter with the deal.

Ray (twoseas)

Old 11-24-2005, 11:48 PM
Paratrooper
Intermediate

OOPS! It is the Arlen Ness Big sucker that is $79....boy sorry for that mislead!!!! I did pay $119 which is still a big savings from my local Harley dealer. The Ness Big Sucker is $79 and since (as far as I know) Ness doesnt have an application for the 06, I opted for the SE

Yes you guys are correct about it not coming with the K&N filter. The SE comes with a SE dry filter.....I do prefer the K&N.

Here are the item numbers for the Ness kit on Ebay

These guys have some deals as well along with some good music on the website
AMERICANCLASSICMOTORS 610-754-8500

http://www.americanclassicmotors.net/

Bottom line.... good guidance from twoseas!!

Old 11-25-2005, 01:59 AM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Chicago Harley gives 20% off and no tax, brings the price to 111.20 plus shipping.

Kicks

Old 11-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: UPDATE...Poorman's S/E Air Cleaner

Try www.surdyke.com too. Their parts are cheaper than my local dealership!

Old 11-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Paratrooper
Intermediate

Ray,
that is awesome!!! I wish I had seen that before I purchased my SE kit. I will add Zanotti to my favorites!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Old 11-26-2005, 11:01 AM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

I just had the stage 2 done,and the air cleaner was the dry paper blue one,not the k&n oilable one. looks like i'll be buying the K&N for the spring when i get the bike back. dealer says it's a K&N filter,but as I recall i thought I saw something about the blue ones falling apart? the blue filter is what is in the kits,so i'm guessing the filter upgrade hasnt reached the SE kits as of yet.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:19 AM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member

I decided to check into this Poorman's Filter Check This.......

I went to my local HD Dealership and told them I needed the instruction sheet to the S/E Air Cleaner (29773-02B) and they laughed like I told a joke! Then I told them I wanted to buy all the parts for the S/E Air Cleaner with the exception of the Trim Ring and the Air Filter. They told me I had to tell them which parts I was "missing" or "damaged" specifically and they would look it up and sell me a replacement. They will not tell me the parts and then sell them to me. Then the guy asked in a smart tone, "Why don't you want the filter?" He acted as if he had never heard of any problems with the blue filter and then told me the blue filter was a K & N Filter.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:51 AM
twoseas
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Manish_Hawg

I decided to check into this Poorman's Filter Check This.......

I went to my local HD Dealership and told them I needed the instruction sheet to the S/E Air Cleaner (29773-02B) and they laughed like I told a joke! Then I told them I wanted to buy all the parts for the S/E Air Cleaner with the exception of the Trim Ring and the Air Filter. They told me I had to tell them which parts I was "missing" or "damaged" specifically and they would look it up and sell me a replacement. They will not tell me the parts and then sell them to me. Then the guy asked in a smart tone, "Why don't you want the filter?" He acted as if he had never heard of any problems with the blue filter and then told me the blue filter was a K & N Filter.

Kinda makes you loose faith in the "taking care of the customer" concept !

Perhaps someone that has that instruction sheet for the 29773-02B kit could post the part numbers. The part numbers that I researched came from the HD instruction sheet for a 29440-99C kit (Screamin Eagle High Performance Air Cleaner Kit For TC88). The parts in my instruction sheet look identical to the Air Cleaner shown in the HD accesories catalog....

Ray (twoseas)

Old 12-01-2005, 11:25 AM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member

Ray,

I was told they are the same. The 29773-02b is for fuel injected only where as the 29440-99C is for both. Looks to me the 29440-99C still comes with the black filter. Anyway I going to poor man's filter route next weekend.

Quick Reply: UPDATE...Poorman's S/E Air Cleaner