Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Rinehart Performance Baffles True Duals - Touring

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 06:28 AM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Rinehart Performance Baffles True Duals - Touring

They are a bit quieter and deeper. They sound pretty close under load. On downshift there is a different sound that I need to get used to before I decide on whether I like it or not. All in all I would say it is a similar sound, deeper and quieter than the originals. The bike does get up and go when you twist the throttle though, so they are doing something!

Old 09-06-2007, 07:33 AM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Did they improve how the bike runs in the 2000 - 2500 RPM range. This area which I like driving in has been a real problem since I put the true duals on.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:53 AM
TickTock
Club Member

I would say it did improve in the midrange and I could tell a difference just by installing them. I think I need some fine tuning in the SERT map but without anything they did give me more pickup. I did a few data recordings and all in all they run about the same in regards to what VE adjustments were occurring with the old pipes but I could feel more by the "seat of my pants".

Old 09-06-2007, 02:07 PM
laynlow
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you think of this system overall? I've been running Thunderheaders on my bikes a long time and got talked into these by my dealer. I keep getting a POP on decelleration, which is making me crazy. They tell me this is common with true duals, to that I say BS! I have the new version of the Power Commander and Stage 1 kit. What I was told the other day, is, ifI want to get rid of it, I need to put in on a dyno. I'm ready to go back to another 2 into 1 setup, never had a problem and my bikes ran great.

What do you think?

Old 09-06-2007, 02:51 PM
TickTock
Club Member

I am the wrong person to ask this question. I have had a decel pop forever and can't get it tuned out either by a tuner or on my own. It is a single one that occurs at 2500 or 2800, varies from cylinder to cylinder and is not always consistent. I don't think it is an issue with the pipes or the tune at this point rather an issue with the bike or how the ECM calculates what it needs to do.

So far this is what I have done:

1.) Mapped with 159pz003 - Custom Dyno Tuned twice
2.) ReMapped with 159pz004 - Custom Dyno Tuned
3.) Replaced the TPS sensor
4.) Crank Position Sensor was replaced
5.) Installed Rinehart Performance baffles
6.) Tested with the calibration files as delivered on the CD
7.) Checked for intake leaks by spraying water on the throttle body etc (done by HD shop as well as myself)
8. ) Checked for injector leaks by cycling the ignition switch several times and looking for fuel/spray inside the throttle body.
9.) Checked for exhaust leaks (done by HD Shop as well as myself)
10.) Disassembled and reassembled the entire exhaust system and replaced the gaskets
11.) Sealed the mufflers with high temp copper silicon.

Even with the new baffles I found that it still exists to some degree. I would also bet money that it happened under stock conditions as I heard it several times but always thought it was because the exhaust was restricted.

If you are in the same boat as I am then perhaps it is not an exhaust issue.