Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Rush slip ons pop on decel ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Cheech
Default RE: Rush slip ons pop on decel ?

I recently installed 2.0 Rush slipons on my 08 Street Glide. No problems at all. It does gurgle a little but I too like that. The sound is great, and performance is noticesable.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Ronbaci
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I first installed my Rush 2" on my '07 Lowrider, no problem with popping. Sounded great, set off alarms, I was happy. Then I installed the Big Sucker with a Cobra Fi2000. Popping on decel started right away. Performance was great but hated the popping. Called Cobra and they said the same thing, "It's the Rush mufflers, check for leaks, etc etc". Did say to adjust the middle setting from 2.5 but don't go past 4. Did that andstill get the popping. Love the sound, hate the popping. Just ordered some Cobra Dragsters and plan to get rid of the Rush's.Let you know how I like them instead.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:08 PM
mulch63
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if it is the mufflers. I put a couple hundred miles on my bike and no popping. I have the DFO and mufflers and the airbox is still stock.Seems from whatI read oncetheaircleaner is changed, its tough to dial out the popping. The trouble may be the DFO/TFI or whichever unit you have. I think since the idle andcruise circuit is the same, it too broad an adjustment with this type of fuel management unit. I realize the injectors/ECU sees the fuel needed the same but the DFO isn't handling it correct. Decel I believe is the idle circuit.

Let us know how the new pipes work out.

Jim

Old 09-23-2007, 02:52 AM
fxsb
Novice

I too am having popping issues. Makes me want to re-install the stock muff's and hang my head, but that wouldn't be me. It is a crying shame that this 96 tc needs 1,200.00 + to make it run like it should. I guess the extended warranty I purchased was a good call after all.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Ronbaci
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: mulch63

I wonder if it is the mufflers. I put a couple hundred miles on my bike and no popping. I have the DFO and mufflers and the airbox is still stock.Seems from whatI read oncetheaircleaner is changed, its tough to dial out the popping. The trouble may be the DFO/TFI or whichever unit you have. I think since the idle andcruise circuit is the same, it too broad an adjustment with this type of fuel management unit. I realize the injectors/ECU sees the fuel needed the same but the DFO isn't handling it correct. Decel I believe is the idle circuit.

Let us know how the new pipes work out.

Jim
Funny you say that. The first time I called Cobra, the guy said to adjust the first setting which is the idle. Did some adjusting but still had some popping. Then I called again, and the next guy told me to adjust the 2nd setting whch is acceleration. Instructions also say the ajust the first (green) for decel popping. While I am waiting for the new pipes, I will make some adjustments. The manual says default setiing is: 3.5, 2, & 4 for my set-up. I will adjust to: 4, 3, & 4 and see how it works and let you know. If need be, I will make other adjustments as needed and give all of you interested what results I get. I ride my bike everyday to work (ok except when it rains but that is rare in the Sacramento area right now) and can give you my results daily.

Ride safe

Old 09-23-2007, 06:22 PM
mulch63
Road Master

Ronbaci,
I would appreciate your feedback when you get a chance. Do you have the rush mufflers on your bike now?What pipes are you getting?

Old 09-23-2007, 09:07 PM
g money
Account Retired
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

No matter what setting I have on my dfo (with V&H slip ons) I still have pop on decel.
Driving me nuts. Stocks mufflers=no popping.
Gary D.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:45 AM
mulch63
Road Master

Do you have the stock aircleaner ?

Old 09-24-2007, 08:34 AM
g money
Account Retired
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

No, a HD stage-1 without the download.
Gary D.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:47 AM
combat_vet
Tourer

I past experiences I have discovered that it can be caused from an exhaust leak at the muffler. Did you apply some high-temp RTV or silicone to the pipes and muffler when you installed them?

Quick Reply: Rush slip ons pop on decel ?