Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

REMOVEING BALANCERS

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005 | 07:02 PM
240 DEUCE
|
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REMOVEING BALANCERS

I will try to let you all in on what I'am doing to my 02 deuce this year. First I would like to say this is not a cheap or eazy converson, it will also effect comfort and wear and tear. This is the 4th build on this motor and I'am going all out. To remove the balancers the motor must come apart to the bare case, at this point discard both balancers, chain,chain bridge, sprockets and balancer housings. The crankshaft must be rebalanced, for a good info source on how and why see: www.emcv2.com under V2 Balancing. Also the guy that proved to me that this works is Steve at GMR PERFORMANCE he has all the details and also good prices. As with any radical change in a motor there could be problems. This is not recommended for a novice. One last thing,oil flow to the balancers must be blocked this can be done at the cam plate as is done with the twin cam A motor. Quick specs on my motor are from top to bottom: SE roller rockers, SE CNC HTCC HEADS STAGE 3 BY REVOLUTION PERFORMANCE,JIMS TITANIUM PUSHRODS,REV. PER.124CU.IN. BIG BORE KIT,SE LIFTERS, SE 103 STROKER, BOB WOOD 9FG GEAR DRIVE CAM AND SPRINGS,DELKRON CAM PLATE,FEULING OIL PUMP and 2 oil coolers. It will have 4.25 TO 4.5 QUARTS OF OIL. Haven't got a carb yet, looking at a ZIPPERS D2 S+S WITH 2 THUNDER JETS. Looking for 150 to 160 hp! ALMOST FORGOT GMR PERFORMANCE#1-602-722-7336 he's there most of the time as he crashed hard not long ago.Tell him OHIO Dave sent ya. GOOD LUCK IN THE HORSEPOWER HUNT. BE CAREFULL SPEED KILLS!

Old 02-05-2005 | 07:20 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts
Default RE: REMOVEING BALANCERS

I guess my question is WHY, heck if you wanted a standard 88 engine why didn't you just get one, or better yet buy a kickass engine from any of various number's of engine builder's and sell the B motor, I guess it all goes back to differnt stroke's for differnt folk's.

Old 02-05-2005 | 10:07 PM
breaknbad
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont like the balancers either but after hearing about crank removal i think i will go aftermarket or the a after my b gives up after many many miles

David

Old 02-06-2005 | 12:25 AM
240 DEUCE
|
Advanced

To tn.Heritage the real reason is that i can. I believed for many years that what you buy from any manufacture is goverment Reg. junk. Did you change your pipes or how about your air cleaner. Also about those kickass motors , were is the pride in building your own motors. This post was for people that do more than add chrome covers to thier easy chairs! To breaknbad on the 2nd build at 95cu.in. the motor made 121hp.119tq. with the balancers. It also won the horsepower shotout at HALES HD. in 2003 and 2nd in 2004. My point is this motor is not for everyone , just for me. but it will be an example of how far you can go, and get what you want. To those that understand take it for what it is and ENJOY! LATER DAVE.

Old 02-06-2005 | 03:03 AM
augason
Advanced

Hey 240,
What are you going to back up this monster with? Are you going to keep the HD 5 speed and a chain drive?
Sounds like you could have the appearance of a stock looking motor, but I guess the 240 gives it away.
Maybe you already ran down the list in another post but reading this made me think you are gunna break something.
And to think I am excited about a little cam swap. Good luck and keep it coming. Mark

Old 02-06-2005 | 01:33 PM
240 DEUCE
|
Advanced

Hey back at ya augason. The trans was rebuilt last summer when I installed the PM PHATTAIL KIT. The trans showed no sighs of wear even after 50 plus dyno runs at almost 125 hp. Before the PHATTAIL I was running a 200 series metzler on a 18-5.5 with a chain. The PHATTAIL with driveside brake was set up for a belt, but while apart this winter I'am reinstalling the chain. As a wrench if you break it you fix it. On a side note the bike gets 8,000 to 10,000 miles a year. With 3 months down time a year I rebuild ,upgrade whatever needs it. Enjoy the sun in CAL. , I'LL be riding in april. DAVE

Old 02-07-2005 | 11:32 AM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been reading this post with interest. I for one am jealous of your ability and time available to do something like this. Keep at it, and maybe take a bunch of pics as you go along so that we can all learn a little bit...

Mac

Old 02-07-2005 | 01:06 PM
Bannana Boat
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Dont' forget to post pictures of that monster when your done. That will be scary h.p, especially after reading what your 95 c.u. was putting out.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 02-07-2005 | 06:12 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Well Deuce I'm glad that you can, go build that ground pounder and ride the hell out of it.

Old 02-07-2005 | 07:36 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

240, when you're done you should get it dynoed and posted on the Horsepower gallery at www.nightrider.com

Quick Reply: REMOVEING BALANCERS