Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

REMOVEING BALANCERS

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005 | 11:19 PM
240 DEUCE
|
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: REMOVEING BALANCERS

YO Mac, thanks for the interest. As far as time goes, no wife, no kids, no problem. What happened with ability can be brough back to my grandad , he was one of the first engineers to come from PENN. STATE in 1922. He raised me till I was 5 years old. The basement was a full blown machine shop. I've built hot rods, from mini-bikes to blown pro-street vetts. Worked as a machine mechanic in the service,welder,sheet metal fab., built T buckets for THE FLORIDA ROD SHOP and when all else failed turned wrenchs for a living. I now work at a FORD dealership in the body shop. Going to work for 5 more years then enjoy! TO Bannana BOAT, will try to post pictures as soon as I can. The bike would lay 30 feet of rubber on the 200 series shifting into 3rd at 4300 rpm. Will do Tn.Hertitage! Also to Joe Scout you will get to see the DYNO CHARTS in the late spring as I allways put 1500 to 2000 miles on before dyno work . THANKS EVERYONE and STAY TUNED. DAVE

Old 02-08-2005 | 01:24 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Will this motor be streetable built this harsh, I know that there are all kind of combo's out there but I guess what I'm trying to ask is, are you going to be able to Idle around some, there was a guy I used to work with and he had a custom bike built out the yen yang and he said you couldn't enjoy riding because it still loped real bad around 55 mph, just wondering how far you are planning on going.

Old 02-08-2005 | 11:23 PM
240 DEUCE
|
Advanced

First off this motor is not HARSH , this motor is overbuilt meaning bullit proof. This motor is a big SOB meaning it never has to work hard but on the dyno. Is it going to be a handfull? YES! The guy you worked with, idea of a built motor was a over cammed, over carbed, straight open drag pipe, wrong geared custom. There are a lot of those around. I didn"t just fall into this combo, some of the best engine builders build these often as a killer pro-street combo. I DO NOT TRY TO REINVENT THE WHEEL. As far as how far I intend to go how about STURGIS, 1400MILES ONE WAY, Hotel in RAPID CITY is booked from the 8th to 13th. Also I do not have bags , windshield, radio or cup holders. I take 3 days worth of cloths in a handlebar bag and UPS the rest to the hotel. When I ride I don't have time to worry so I DON'T . LATER DAVE

Old 02-09-2005 | 12:24 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts

There is going to be a DIY forum soon...would like to know if you would be interested in making a thread for that. Essentially, take pics along the way, and put it all together at the end for us. If someone wanted to learn about this (or was agressive enough to do it themselves) they could use your thread as a manual, or as an aumentation to the manual. If you have time and the patience to do it, I think it would be great. You'd be surprised by the number of guys that would liket to get a look at the inside of that box...

TNW, looking forward to whatever you offer.

Mac

Old 02-09-2005 | 03:48 PM
grumpygit
Tourer

This site is an excellent resource for DIYers: Harleyhogs Lair

Lots of good stuff here.

Old 02-09-2005 | 10:07 PM
240 DEUCE
|
Advanced

Mac, I will try to post pictures of the motor build as time permits. Right now the frame is in the garage stripped bare, I'am trying to figure out where to put a 11 by 6 inch oil cooler before I mold and repaint it. Just repainted the tins and installed the Phatail in July, August after a buddy rear ended me at 50mph when I slowed to make a corner. OOO WELL here we go again. More later......DAVE.

Old 08-24-2005 | 04:03 PM
HDWRENCH
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey dave how are you buddy???

I have not heard from you in a bit hope all is good?? I am putting the rear axle in now the 3/4 would not stop breaking so now a Chromemoly 1 inch MONSTER!!!! Blew the rear wheel hub apart that would be the 3rd wheel 5th axles 3 sprocket and a few other things it breaks. I know Ihave been lazy getting this done too busy helping you decide on your parts LOL WOuld love to come up and let run the two scoots, Talk to you soon

Steve G