Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Exhaust Advice Dyna 2-1

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2022 | 12:50 AM
Arseclown
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 60Gunner
Ok. I was able to confirm this was indeed the perforated baffle in an older version of the fatcat. I saw a somewhat better showing from a rebranded older pro pipe but falling 4 or 5 ft.lbs. short across the mid and upper rpm range.
Also, since it pertains to this conversation in regards to a favorite amongst tuners, the Supertrapp Supermeg, I got this info. 4 similar and probably best 98 builds out there. All with similar cams like the CR 595s with Dorman heads and the Pro Streets that did 115hp/113 torque. Two builds with WFO Larry's heads and the Supertrapp Supermeg that did an impressive 120hp but fell considerably short on torque with 105 and 107 and coming on later. The other was also with Dorman heads but with Python true duals. This one did a whoppin' 120hp/118 torque but had a HUGE dip in torque off idle and didn't hit a100ft.lbs.til 3500rpm. This is typical of what we normally see with true dual. Big numbers but a real poor lower end. The Pro Streets ended up hitting 100ft.!bs. at 2500rpms..
To sum it up, the Pro Streets are a freak when it comes to true duals and a very well balanced set of pipes that rival the best of 2 in1s. doing quite well from the very bottom, with a real strong midrange and holding their own with very respectable top end hp and no anomalies in torque anywhere.
These are all final tunes.
It’s great that you like your pro street 2:2 exhaust but this topic is about a quiet but performing 2:1.

Back on topic:
I’ve used the supermeg on multiple bikes with various levels of mods, all custom dyno tuned and all making very healthy power and torque without obnoxious noise. Can you make good power with less noise? Absolutely. And that along with their tune ability is why the supermeg is the choice of many builders and tuners

Old 01-10-2022 | 06:59 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp

I'll take the blame for getting this so for off topic. Just seemed the road it winded down.

The 113is about the standard of what fat cat I choose. If it's a 113 going for HP. Perforated baffle, and that sometimes is a stretch. A perforated on a 98? Sure there will be a low end dip. Don't see this being a representation of anything 2-1 vs 2-2. If a comparing exhaust. Both exhaust that is being compared should both be a good pipe for the build in the first place.

Old 01-10-2022 | 02:20 PM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member

The 2 Supertrapps were not part of any experimenting. They were 2 separate but real similar builds to the one with the pro streets. All fully tuned. As was the python 2in2.
As for off topic, assclown is late to the show and way behind. This is the info the OP is/was looking for and he's already stated he doesn't care for the sound of the Supertrapp and in fact is no longer committed to looking at just 2in1s. Like many he thought he had no choice. That's when I threw the Pro Streets into the discussion.
​​​​​Assclown's opinion on what's off topic is irrelevant and incorrect too. Not his thread. The OP has already stated he appreciates the discussion and know!edge being offered by every one involved and various options to consider and listen to. I've thrown mire 2in1 options out there more than anything.

​​​​​​

Old 01-10-2022 | 03:10 PM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member

The 2 Supertrapps were not part of any experimenting. They were 2 separate but real similar builds to the one with the pro streets. All fully tuned. As was the python 2in2.
As for off topic, assclown is late to the show and way behind. This is the info the OP is/was looking for and he's already stated he doesn't care for the sound of the Supertrapp and in fact is no longer committed to looking at just 2in1s. Like many he thought he had no choice. That's when I threw the Pro Streets into the discussion.
​​​​​Assclown's opinion on what's off topic is irrelevant and incorrect too. Not his thread. The OP has already stated he appreciates the discussion and know!edge being offered by every one involved and various options to consider and listen to. I've thrown more 2in1 options out there than anything.
It's already been established that the Supertrapp is a quiet, tunable pipe. But the OP didn't care for the "wimpy sound" as he put it. Yet assclown shows up and continues to shove it down his throat
I suspect it's more the raspy loud of the short megaphone 2in1 he's currently running more so than the actual volume.
​​
Here's the Pro Street Turn Outs. Loud but I suspect toned down considerably from the raspy loud of his short megaphone 2in1. Something the OP will have to decide for himself. Probably gain significant low end torque too. Personally, I really like the retro look of the turnouts. They come slash cut and straight cut with end caps too.

​​​​​​

Last edited by 60Gunner; 01-10-2022 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-10-2022 | 06:46 PM
Arseclown
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 60Gunner
​​​​​Assclown's opinion on what's off topic is irrelevant and incorrect too. Not his thread. The OP has already stated he appreciates the discussion and know!edge being offered by every one involved and various options to consider and listen to. I've thrown more 2in1 options out there than anything.
It's already been established that the Supertrapp is a quiet, tunable pipe. But the OP didn't care for the "wimpy sound" as he put it. Yet assclown shows up and continues to shove it down his throat
I suspect it's more the raspy loud of the short megaphone 2in1 he's currently running more so than the actual volume.
​​
Here's the Pro Street Turn Outs. Loud but I suspect toned down considerably from the raspy loud of his short megaphone 2in1. Something the OP will have to decide for himself. Probably gain significant low end torque too. Personally, I really like the retro look of the turnouts. They come slash cut and straight cut with end caps too.

https://youtu.be/SaG30DZ_amA

​​​​​​
Haha, don’t get so antsy mate and try not to take internet chatter so personally. Or feel the need to have the last word on everything and write Tolstoy replies

Last edited by Arseclown; 01-10-2022 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-10-2022 | 06:52 PM
Arseclown
Road Captain

Originally Posted by marcodarq
the SuperTrapp Super Meg is the ticket to still have performance and turn down the volume.
PLEASE disregard what Gunner said,,,,he is a known quantity that cant back up his claims....
with a similar build to yours over 115 hp and 120 torque can be had from the supertrapp and be very manageable on the ears,,,,,how do i know? cuase i've done it, and tuned on MY dyno!!
m
if it was my bike is se an EPipe, but they are hard to find used and i dont think FM is going to continue to make them, but maybe worth a phone call to ask.
m
This sums things up succinctly and from a reputable builder/tuner none the less who does this stuff for a living

Last edited by Arseclown; 01-10-2022 at 08:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jbarr1 (01-11-2022)
Old 01-11-2022 | 06:52 PM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Arseclown
It’s great that you like your pro street 2:2 exhaust but this topic is about a quiet but performing 2:1.

Back on topic:
I’ve used the supermeg on multiple bikes with various levels of mods, all custom dyno tuned and all making very healthy power and torque without obnoxious noise. Can you make good power with less noise? Absolutely. And that along with their tune ability is why the supermeg is the choice of many builders and tuners
LoL
Apparently you don't get it. He doesn't like the sound! Time to move on! He's also stated it DOES NOT have to be a 2in1. Read the damn thread! Geezus!

As far as reputable builders/tuners, Nick at Shamrock Cycle in TX is pretty well known here. I've seen his stuff all over and I live in IA!

Last edited by 60Gunner; 01-11-2022 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-11-2022 | 07:02 PM
AftaDynaMint
|
Cruiser

Its all good with me. Everyone's opinions here seem pretty informed, and I appreciate all the advice.
Still don't know what I'm going to do lol. Id like to here the supertrapp in person.
My biggest concern is keeping my license lol. I never had a ticket until I put the sawicki on. Now in 1 season I got a speeding ticket, and a reckless driving charge I still need to go to court for. I know I could drive slower but thats not realistic lol. Both times going maybe 80mph in the fast lane on a major highway. Nothing crazy at all

Old 01-11-2022 | 07:44 PM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by AftaDynaMint
Its all good with me. Everyone's opinions here seem pretty informed, and I appreciate all the advice.
Still don't know what I'm going to do lol. Id like to here the supertrapp in person.
My biggest concern is keeping my license lol. I never had a ticket until I put the sawicki on. Now in 1 season I got a speeding ticket, and a reckless driving charge I still need to go to court for. I know I could drive slower but thats not realistic lol. Both times going maybe 80mph in the fast lane on a major highway. Nothing crazy at all
Always best to listen to them in person when possible. Videos are often deceiving. The Supertrapp Supermeg will satisfy your performance expectations and is quiet as far as performance exhaust goes. But I know from first experience riding with someone that has it, it has a very distinctive sound many don't care for, my friend included. He was overruled by his wife tho and is stuck with it. lol
Only you can decide on the sound thing. I threw out some options that will all perform and be toned down from the short megaphone the sawicki is.
Good luck on your search.

​​Thrashin' Exhaust is another 2in1 to consider. It allows you to use various end caps and a combination of baffles to suit your needs. It's also stainless.
​​​​​

​​​​

Last edited by 60Gunner; 01-11-2022 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-12-2022 | 07:55 AM
1890jd
Cruiser

Originally Posted by AftaDynaMint
I've read the same about rb racing. We just got a foot of snow here so I'm ok with the wait time. There customer service cant be worse than sawicki lol. Id rather be told to F off than get no answer/response on multiple occasions.

I like the thunderheader but think it will be too loud.

Based on the bassani pipes I've heard im not a big fan. Too loud and high pitched. But that may not be all their pipes to be fair
Get the RB racing. I just put one of their black hole systems on my Evo touring bike. Some of the best craftsmanship and chrome work I have ever seen. As far as their customer service, I could not be more pleased. I actually got the first system and installed it on the bike. Got to looking and the slash cut that was supposed to point straight down was actually at a 30 degree angle. I contacted RB and sent them a pic. They said no problem and made up a complete different pipe and sent it to me. Awesome customer service. I’m just a nobody from nowhere so either their customer service has gotten better or some guys just had issues.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Advice Dyna 2-1