Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

New SE Touring Exhaust with the A suffix

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Hogwallop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New SE Touring Exhaust with the A suffix

For those of you considering SE and aftermarket exhausts, I had the new SE Touring Exhaust slip ons installed yesterday along with the SE air filter and SERT on my 2007 Road King Custom. These are the recent released mufflers, part number 64985-07A. I'm not sure what the SE exhaust prior to the A suffix sounded like, which I was told didn't sound much louder than stock,but I'm very pleased with the sound from these. Definitely louder than the stock exhaust, but not obnoxious loud. I was wanting a deeper sound without being headache loud and got exactly what I wanted.Deeper than stockat lower speeds and they aresimilar to stockat steady highway speed.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:28 AM
TNBagger
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New SE Touring Exhaust with the A suffix

Hi Hogwallop, I am looking for a nice deep, slightly better sound and better performance than the stock mufflers. I pulled off some SE slip-ons because they were just too loud on the Interstate. Did you get a before and after dyno results idea of the difference in HP and torque between the stock and new SE street performance mufflers? I have an '06 Ultra with a 95" kit, power commanderand V&H true duals and am still searching for the "right sound". It seems that there is a wide gap between street legal mufflers and most slip-ons: too quiet vs. too loud to my old ears. I am currently running some take-off mufflers from an '07 CVO Ultra which are a little better than stock but I only get 72HP and 81#s of TQ with this combo whichis poor. I would get better performance with the stock pipes vs. the true duals but I like the true dual look. It's a trade-off: looks and low heat vs better performance.I don't think anyone makes a slightly louder than stock 2 into 1 set up either. Does anyone else have any input on the 64985-07a mufflers oralternatives?

Old 08-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Hogwallop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TNBagger.....The dealer actually forgot to dyno the bike after the install and I had them do it at no extra cost. Didn't get a before reading, but from what I have read and what the dealer told me, stock HP for this bike is in the upper 60's and the torque in the upper 70's.My results are in line with the numbers you have now, 73HP and 84 lbs torque using the stock headers with the new SE touring mufflers. I went with the slipons instead of the true duals since I didn't want to lose the lower end torque which is a common issue with the true duals.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:14 AM
TNBagger
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, after reading and talking tolots of people, I went back to the stock header setup and bought some street performance/street legal 80491-07 one piece SE mufflers. I had that combo dyno'ed and the results were more in line with a 95" build: 87HP and 92.4 TQ. These mufflers are the less expensive cousins of the two piece ones. They are a little louder and deeper sounding than stock butflow much better than my previous experiment. Time will tell if I like the sound.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:58 PM
shovelwill
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm like you ,,,I tried the 64985-07A pipes and couldn't take the quite.
I love the one piece 80491-07 though. I had bought both sets off of E-bay and compared.
The baffle system on the 07a is different than the 07 pipe (07 actually resembles the old cycle shack pipes from back in the day)
Nice bark on throttle and not too loud on the road, and definately noticed in the seat of the pants.
$150 on e-bay and I'm happy..sold the other set.
r/wdd