Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Problem with RUSH Slip-On's

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 06:37 PM
lilrooster76
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with RUSH Slip-On's

OK, I installed a set of RUSH slip ons on my 07 FXDC, after less than a month the lower slip-on started to get this wierd looking effect on it, kinda looked like it was crackling. I took it to the dealer and they agreed something was wrong and had RUSH send out another pipe. I did notice that the pipe angled down just a hair from being straight, but the dealer never even batted an eye at that (I installed them). Well my new pipe came in on saturday and I took it home and put it on, now since I had noticed that it wasn't lined up I figured while I was at it I should.line it up, because I like it to be perfect. Well.....It will not line up!!! There is not enough clearance to put the top pipe in if the bottom pipe is put on straight. So I said screw it and left it angled down a hair and installed it. It is barely even noticable, like I said the dealer didnt even see it. Problem is after only 200 miles the new pipe is doing it as well!!!!!! WTF is going on here? Could it be a leak causing this? The pipe almost looks like it has something on it, but I cant find anything to take it off. Any idea what to do about getting it to line up, am I going to have to take the whole exhaust off? GRRRRRRRRR!!!

Old 07-18-2007, 08:23 AM
mlbuckner
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problem with RUSH Slip-On's

If you are speaking of the light yellowish tint which starts where the muffler slips onto the header this can happen when the header and muffler do not seal. If air is getting in at that seal it will turn the muffler a slight yellowish color. Make sure that you do not use the same muffler clamps more than twice. They need new ones if they have been torqued more than that. Also you can use high temp copper silicon sealant on the header prior to installing the mufflers. If the mufflers are not installing straight it may not be the muffler but the headers. You may need to modify the muffler bracket to adjust straight.

M