Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

ANYONE RUN DRAG PIPES ON AN 07?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 06:35 PM
BJORRNN
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANYONE RUN DRAG PIPES ON AN 07?

Hey Ladies and Fellers,

I'm new to these forums and I've had a pretty good time browsing them thus far. I was wondering if y'all could give me some advice..

I have a 2007 night train, engine/intake all stock. The other day I drank a bottle of Blanton's and got the ebay bug. Well, apparently now I've got a FEDEX package waiting back in my hometown in the garage that says Santee 2 1/4" BOA exhaust for '07 softail. I've been looking into the power commanders and other modules to pretty much ear tune the bike after putting these things on. I've recently been hearing from a lot of my buddies, however, that I should just try and 'plug and play' these pipes for a bit and see how the bike reacts (and that, theoretically, that's what an o2 bung in the pipe should be for anyways in a perfect world.. yadda yadda yadda). Anyone out there have any experience with short or straight-pipe style exhaust on their '07. I don't expect to gain anything in power or performance here, but I always have been in love with this particular look. If anyone can give me some insight into their personal experiences and/or let me know if I should just play around with these things, experiment with lollipoping, and throw em on ebay for pennies.

Thanks!

Old 07-15-2007, 04:28 PM
jc_texas
6th Gear
Default RE: ANYONE RUN DRAG PIPES ON AN 07?

I was about to post the same question. I have always like the shorty dual drag pipes and wanted to know how they worked with O2 sensors. The look I really like is removing the stock mufflers and keeping the stock headers with turn down inserts. I realize there will be a bit performance degradation but I'm willing to sacrifice that for the look and sound. I don't haven't opened the air cleaner yet because I don't have a grand to shell out for pipes, ac, remap.

Any suggestions, comments?

Old 07-19-2007, 05:28 PM
jc_texas
6th Gear
Default RE: ANYONE RUN DRAG PIPES ON AN 07?

nobody....<cricket>...<cricket>