Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Street glide hitting bags

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 06:21 PM
harleybob815
Supporter
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Street glide hitting bags

Hi gang. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I put my Advanblack stretched bags on today. As you can see by the pictures, my Vance and Hines slip ons

1. touch the outside of the bags. As I look closer, they kind of look like they might angle out towards the rear. I have Reinhardt true duals coming in a few days but I'm nervous about how it will fit. I bought the slip ons privately. Could they be the wrong parts for the bike? Again, thanks for any help.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:05 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

there's a video on YouTube on tweaking an aligning them. Might try to loosen the slip on's an put pressure on them to move them towards the wheel an tighten them down. In the video they make adjustments to the rubber the bags sit on to move them a little. I know you don't want to make any gaps but you could also try slipping a few washers between the lower bag bracket an where it bolts to the frame. Let us know how it turns out those bags an the finder filler is on my list of next mods. I have RCX slip on's so I don't know how they will fit under those bags.

Old 07-27-2019, 12:24 PM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 250 Posts

Loosen the muffler clamps at the head pipe and at the muffler hangers, rotate the mufflers inward toward the bike and tighten the clamp/hanger bolts back down, done.

The following users liked this post:
harleybob815 (07-27-2019)
Old 07-27-2019, 09:18 PM
harleybob815
Supporter
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Never took notice of just how hot the slip ons get. I'm assuming I should have at least 3/4" or so?

Old 07-28-2019, 12:33 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 977 Likes on 532 Posts

I never understood extended bags, sure they look okay but hit the ground when hot into a corner.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:38 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

He Mountain I have air ride so when I add stretched bags I don't expect a problem dragging the. For $40 I'll throw the skid plates on the bottom to be safe. I wish I'd gotten air ride sooner. Drop it down for backing an parking, raise it up for riding. I had air ride like 4 or 5 years ago an it was trash so I was delayed trying again but the JNR is a nice set up.