Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Still looking for baffles...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 04:38 PM
soarguy
Advanced
Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Still looking for baffles...

So... I was afraid of this. In my first thread, I was looking for a set of baffles from any source that might have them. Since then,I have received word from Bassani that the pipe set on my '93 is the first design of the Pro Street pipes, and there are no components for that set available any longer. I'm not really too excited about spending $750+ for a new set of pipes, as the existing set is in good shape. Anyone have any experience with making a baffle for an exhaust pipe [or muffler body]? Care to share?

Thanks,

Charles

Old 07-26-2019, 08:20 AM
MyFavRk
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,481 Likes on 3,902 Posts

I've modified many baffle's in the past . The baffle's I have on my CVO Cannons are modified . I bought a set of baffles that I wanted and then cut the ends off , adding extensions on each end with the same inside/outside diameter as the old , making sure the baffle ended up being the same length as before .

Pics of your original baffle would help me give a better opinion on what I think you can do to make it work .

Also , I would give these guy's a call and see if they can help .

https://fullsac.com/
https://bigcitythunder.com/

Old 07-26-2019, 08:45 AM
pgrchaplain
Road Captain
Received 554 Likes on 262 Posts
Old 07-26-2019, 11:55 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,036 Likes on 774 Posts

After going through many different baffle types and configurations I got around to putting a set of DK Customs Thunder Torque Inserts in my current mufflers. Great sound and performance. I think they were around $30 shipped.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:31 AM
soarguy
Advanced
Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I did email Thunder City, but they don't have anything that's big enough [my I.D. is 2 1/2"], so they could not help. I'll have a look at the other offerings, though; they might be the solution I'm looking for.

Charles

commit random acts of kindness

Old 07-28-2019, 09:49 AM
MyFavRk
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,481 Likes on 3,902 Posts

You can purchase a set of baffle's similar to the ones you have and cut the end/ends off and weld an exhaust adapter to the end . I bought a set of crusher mellow baffle's and added adaptors to each end and fitted them to fit my CVO Cannons ...

Last edited by MyFavRk; 07-28-2019 at 10:01 AM.