Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

07 runs better without PCIII

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Trevor74702
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 runs better without PCIII

I didn't plan on riding the bike without the new PCIII. Actually I have installed it today already. I just wanted to make it clear that the bike will run and run just fine with the exhaust only installed. I was led to believe that the bike would run poorly and loose alot of torque if all three parts were not installed.

Trevor

Old 07-13-2007, 07:10 AM
slime_dog
Tourer

I am still waiting to hear from Dynojet. I spoke to them on Wed, 7/11 and they said they should know something today, Fri 7/13.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:45 AM
choppers4life1
Tourer

Fellas: 07 glide, 103 pistons and barrels, 255 cams, true duel thundergheader system, pc111...pinging like crazy--using one of the best tuners on the east coast--take out pc111--NO PINGING, bike running a little leaner. I did the harley dowload only and did not get the SERT> 110 torque, 90 horse. the number did not change at all with the pc111.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:22 PM
slime_dog
Tourer

I am supposed to have a "fix" coming from Dynojet tomorrow. I will see if it fixes mine. I hope so. They seem to think it may be related to the torque smoothing download that Harley recommended. Did you have that applied to yours?

Old 07-19-2007, 01:55 PM
slime_dog
Tourer

It looks like Dynojet may have fixed the pinging problem in 07 TC96 engines. I installed my unit with test firmware and it is working. They think it might be related to the torque smoothing download that Harley developed for the TC96.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:12 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

I have an Idea.... get rid of that peice ofJUNK and buy a SERT or have it direct link tuned. And another option is the thundermax! I have seen way too many problems with the PCIII on 07's

I am sure there will be numerous people that say it is not junk and it works fine on there bike....Just nothing I have seen so far with my own eyes!
Do a search on HDForums and I believe you'll find far more satisfied PC owners than disgruntled ones. I'm not sure what you mean in your last sentence, that you're sure that "numerous people [will] say it is not junk," and I assume you must "see" a good-running PC setup to acknowledge that one exists. If an owner says it runs well in their bikes, do you not trust them to make that judgement? If not that, what would it take for you to "see" one with your own eyes?

There are no real problems that I know of with the PCIII on '07's except off-idle hestiation on some bikes, but that has been apparently cured with the new firmware upgrade (v.2.2 beta). I had a minor and very sporadic hesitation that is now cured by this upgrade, and others have reported the same positive effect on their bikes. The "delayed start" syndrome can be avoided by simply starting the bike before the check-engine light extinguishes. IOW, turn it on and start it with no wait. There is nothing I've seen in the owners or service manuals that specifies that the check-engine light must be off before starting the bike, so why wait?

The decel-popping issue some complain about may be cured as simply as sealing the muffler-exhaust pipe juncture. Jamie at Fuel Moto told me all those he's seen with the decel popping were leaking at that point. I sealed mine with anti-sieze compound on initial installation and never had this problem.

Other than these alleged or real problems with the PCIII, I know of no others. I consider it a versatile performer on my bike, and I've recently installed a Multi-function hub with Map Switch to toggle between two maps on the fly. I have one map for better mileage and another when the going gets slow in traffic for extra cooling. It works as intended, and I know of no other unit on the market that will do this. That said, for people who do frequent changes to the drivetrain (heads, cams, etc.) would likely be better served with a T'Max AT. I also appreciate the versatility of SERT tuning, but I don't consider it the best option for someone like me who will decide early on a configuration and stick with it, especially when using non-HD hardware. Canned maps for third-party mufflers and AC's appear to be scant. I do like the Fuel Moto concept of selling packages with canned maps previously tuned on like bikes. The map provided for me, tweaked by me later for both mileage and cooling (two maps), has been excellent. If you don't want to extract every 1/10HP from the engine by a custom dyno tune, you should be in good shape with one of these canned maps.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:13 AM
slime_dog
Tourer

Never mind...