Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Cyclespot purchase disaster!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 12:54 PM
sbrisbay
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cyclespot purchase disaster!

I tried to buy a fatcat for a softail from cyclespot basically from recommendations off of this site and was very dissappointed.
Called two days before the purchase and they gave me a price on a pipe that is evidently no longer made, although it does not state this on their site, but this is noted on several others. I called because it was significantly cheaper than another part# for the same bike. The person that answered the phone put me on hold twice to check things out, she even said she called D&D, and at the end of the conversation, told me to just order it online with the options I wanted and that it would be 2-3 weeks because of the ceramic coating. I asked her before I hung up if she was sure it was the correct pipe and she said "yes".
So, placed the order, they sent me a confirmation, and they send me an email that it was no longer a valid part# and the price just went up 90.00, and charged my credit card to boot. Said that I needed to get in contact with them to "verfiy", tried at least ten times by phone, only got a recording, sent three emails, no response. Finally got Jim on the phone this afternoon, who was "tough ****" in his attitude, telling me "we did not charge your card" and when I told him the price for the pipe that was not in existe nce was debited from my account, told me "that did not happen", then when I told him I am looking at the charge right now and it has Cyclespot as the chargee, "I don't want to debate it with you, that is just the way it is". I told him it was bad business to take the money for something that does not exist and I wanted my money back, he said he would issue a credit today, but I bet ya it does not show up for 3-4 days! Man, I guess if you don't have any problems they may be good people, but run into a problem and your on your own. Jim may talk a good game but when it comes down to it he is just a big *******, I am going to file him in the American Classic Motors file.
Just my two cents!

Old 07-03-2007, 08:28 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Cyclespot purchase disaster!

Wow... that sux!

Call Steve @ AMS (http://www.automotivemachine.com/harley.htm), they have D&D pipes on sale right now!

Old 07-04-2007, 07:28 AM
tiiiim2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same problem for me last month except they didnt charge me sent multiple e mails never got a response slow slow slow service

Old 07-04-2007, 08:49 AM
HDWRENCH
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

AMS is selling them at a good prices. We are a D&D dealer and the coating on the pipe does take extra time. Price wise i think we are a bit less according to other customers that have bought from us. Not that is matters you are getting a great pipe. We have been using the quite baffle in most of the pipes we are selling, we have seen a increase in hp/ tq and the exhuast still has a great sound, not as raspy , and it easy on the ears.

Sorry to hear you had so much trouble. Not bashing anyone but I really hate the deals that some of the internet guys do. Mainly because they make it hard on the rest of the shops that are trying to make a living, and they ruin it for everyone.

For example a customer brings a bike in that needs a crate engine I qoute him a price. He calls back about two days later and a internet site in NC has the same engine for about 250 dollars less. I explain to him that I may be more money but what is going to happen if there is a issue, are they going to take care of it or what?? He calls them back they explain to him that he would have to pay some one to pull the engine, then pay shipping back to them and they ship it back to the manufacture. Where we would take care of what ever work needed to be done under warranty free of charge. He gets it now.

With the large amount of volume of sales we do I hear all the time about how some one bought some thing it is wrong and they are left fighting to get there money back. Most times the info they are given is all BS!!!!.

You have 180 days to charge back that money you donot have to wait for him to do anything, so if he does not credit the card call you card company and explain the deal and you will have you account refunded with out any issues.

Good Luck

Old 07-04-2007, 09:08 AM
rottnutz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a bummer. I've dealt with him in the past and was always treated fairly. In fact, I bought my Fat Cat exhaust from him but that was in 2004. I guess things change, sorry to hear about your ordeal. Shouldn't have to be that way. I hope he straightens it out for you because I'd feel the same way if I were you. Let us know how it works out..