Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

stock exhaust vs loud pipes

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 11:26 PM
monyman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock exhaust vs loud pipes

well let me say im a newbie and very close to purchasing a harley soon,,,,today in sunny california had lots of opportunities to listen to lots of harlys.......went to the neiborhood burrito stand,,,and dang,!!!..two loud,,very loud and popping low riding high rise bar gang of bikers,,showed up for the mexican lunch,,,my family was watching me drool at all the action,!!!,,,but i have to admit,,,,much too loud.!!!"OUCH".{PROBABLY RUNNING WITHOUT THE BAFFLES?}....so kept watching an listening and a couple of other stock bikes went crusing by,,,,my family was quick to notice,that they wernt that loud going by,,,,,,,to make this story get to the point,,,,im learning what evryone is talking about,,,the sounds of pipes are very noticeable among the public,,,AND TO THE DISERNING ENTHUSIAST......ME,,so i went to the close harly shop..."LAIDLAWS"...AND GOT TO hear all sorts of bikes coming and going to the shop...some were die hard outlaws ,,,lol..wearing bandanas around their faces,,,and of course the new doctors lawyer type,,renting the available stock,,,,,,,,,,,,,,after all said and done,,,,,the stock pipes arnt that quiet after all...but to add that familiar harly sound we are all accustom to,,,,,,i have to say my favorite pipes i heard were the vance hines,,,,,,,,,just enuf bark and loudness to be heard,,,,and not too tame,,,,,,JUST RIGHT,,,,,,EVEN MY 9 YR OLD LIKED THE SOUND,,,,,,,hmmm thats says it all.....bye for now,,,,,just my honest newbie opinion.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: stock exhaust vs loud pipes

Kinda like Goldilocks and the three bears, isn't it?

Old 07-01-2007, 11:29 AM
sgtrod91
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: stock exhaust vs loud pipes

loud pipes saves lives