Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Broke it......

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007 | 06:21 PM
TIPN8R
|
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: Broke it......UPDATE! PICS

Not yet, not firinig it up till Weds. this week. The deal I made with the shop was that I would install motor, and get it completely 100% ready to time and fire. He wants to time it, and put the first 50 on it, and he'll warranty everything. I'm not arguing, paid too much $$$ to f it up myself, this way it's his dime not mine

It's all done, fueled up, filled with fluids, and ready to roll, but I'll have to wait 3 more days.........uggggg [&o]

Old 08-27-2007 | 08:12 PM
mtnlvr
Road Warrior

Wish the guy that did my machine work would've offered the same.

It'll be worth the wait!

Old 08-28-2007 | 05:08 AM
TIPN8R
|
Stellar HDF Member

Yep, one more day of hell waiting, and she'll be lighting up!

Old 08-31-2007 | 01:45 PM
TIPN8R
|
Stellar HDF Member

Ants in my pants! I'm picking her tomorrow morning! Can't wait to get on that scoot! Will have pics and more specs posted shortly!

Old 09-11-2007 | 03:23 AM
TIPN8R
|
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: Broke it......FINALLY DONE!!!!!

Due to my mother passing away, I just picked up the bike yesterday from the shop. Only have about 40 miles on it so I couldn't give you a rave review yet. But so far it's got plenty of low end torque, and can't wait to open it up some. Replaced primary chain along with the M6 tensioner, now it sounds so different w/o the chain noise LOL. All in all going to go 500 then drop fluids, have the top end looked at, to make sure everything is in shape, and go from there. I want to thank Kurt from Pee Wee Cycles in Riverdale for the build. A straight up guy, who stands behind his work! Will have a better review about the camand such by the weekend.....hopefully if this dam rain stops.....

Old 09-14-2007 | 04:38 PM
marcello
Intermediate

tipn8r - thanks for posting the updates on your rebuild. This is great - wish more members would do that. Good luck and hope all goes well.

Old 09-15-2007 | 03:22 AM
TIPN8R
|
Stellar HDF Member

Thank buddy. Still trying to deal with Mom's passing, but life must go on!

Good news is that it looks like the rain will clear out later today, and after my kids game tomorrow afternoon, I am getting some miles on this scoot.
I'll have a better idea of how this cam feels and such. I am looking forward to getting on it......

Old 09-16-2007 | 07:20 AM
TIPN8R
|
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: Broke it......FIRST 100 MILES!!!!!

OK, so far so good!
Motor runs sweet!
Took a nice ride out yest. put a quick 100 on it. Power is perfect, from the low end grunt off the line, to cracking the throttle doing 70-75 in 5th, she's got plenty left! Keeping it low rpms between shifts for now, will bring it up a bit more today.
This cam I feel was the perfect choice. It seems to have a nice curve right where I want it. Although I haven't been ***** to the wall yet, I can only imagine the power in that area too
When trying to restart after it's warmed up she hesitates a bit, then fires right up. Might have to invest in a better starter/battery combo. Doubt I will need to add compression releases, it's not that bad.
Froze my gonnads off coming home from the "Notch" last nite, but it was well worth the pain because the ride was so awesome!
To my surprise I pull the bike outta the garage before the trip, and there I see a tiny puddle of oil.....talk about pissed! BUT, found out that I spilled some filling it, and never cleaned up after myself......what a slob

SO, today is another day, except that I woke up with a stiff neck, and sore shoulder, probably due to sleeping with the window wide open, and it got so friggin cold out, will pop a few Aleve, and after my kids ball game later, gonna hit the road again!

STAY TUNED!!!!!

Old 09-16-2007 | 07:30 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

Glad to hear it's working out well, Tip.....

That's gonna be one fun ***** to ride!

Old 09-17-2007 | 06:01 AM
TIPN8R
|
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks Phil, yea, she's breaking in quite nicely!
Was out yest to put a total of approx. 170 miles on it, and she runs flawless!
Tons of torque, and can't wait to get this on a dyno for craps and giggles.
Now, once broken in, I will for sure practice those wheelies!

Quick Reply: Broke it......