Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Broke it......

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007 | 05:54 AM
TIPN8R
|
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: Broke it......UPDATE! PICS

Well, here's the lowdown.
Going with a brand new set of S&S heads. Also a new S&S 600 cam, S&S pistons, rings, etc...
Also, new S&S billet oil pump, and their NEW style breather which works off a reed valve instead of gear driven. Splitting the bottom end, cleaning and rebalancing it while it's apart too.
Hopefully will have some good news today as to when I may expect all the pieces to be done to reassemble! Can't wait!

Old 07-20-2007 | 10:21 AM
mtnlvr
Road Warrior

So you're staying at a 96"?

Old 07-20-2007 | 10:31 AM
TIPN8R
|
Stellar HDF Member

Yes, 3 5/8" Bore, and a 4 3/4" stroke, going .020 over on the bore, so it's staying 96".
Could have opted to go bigger, but it will have more than enough power to get me into trouble!
Should be around 10.5:1 after all said and done

Old 07-24-2007 | 05:40 AM
TIPN8R
|
Stellar HDF Member

OK, got a call from the shop, the lower end is perfect! Whew! Blasted cases yesterday, painting today, installing fresh bearings, and resealing it back. Have to drop off the new oil pump, gaskets, and other stuff I have at home, and will hopefully have it assembled by this time next week.
Reason this is going at a snail's pace is because I am going away on my 10 year Anniv. w/my wife on August 1st thru 10th. So, he has until the 11th to get this fully assembled so I can pick it up, and reinstall this bad boy!
Man, I am going nuts waiting................[8D]

Old 08-10-2007 | 04:55 PM
TIPN8R
|
Stellar HDF Member

Well just got home from a sweet 10 day cruise in the Carribean, and it looks as though we got home just in time. They are watching a Hurricane that is heading that way this week, whew....just missed it!
Going to the shop tomorrow, forgot to drop off the cam cover and will pick it up either tomorrow, or Monday nite. Will update soon!

Old 08-17-2007 | 05:56 AM
TIPN8R
|
Stellar HDF Member

FINALLY!!!! Picked up the motor last night. Will start on assembly tonite, with any luck have it running early next week. Taking my time, and with the kids football schedule, it may not get finished till next week sometime......but it WILL get done!
Will take some pics soon too!

Old 08-20-2007 | 11:11 PM
mtnlvr
Road Warrior

Well???? How's the progress?

Old 08-21-2007 | 12:23 PM
TIPN8R
|
Stellar HDF Member

It's coming along pretty good. Motor is in it, all torqued down. Mounted intake & carb. Mounted oil filter housing, and all lines. Remounted ignition. Installed new 1 pc. motor drive sprocket (25T), torqued too. Made my own tool to jam sprocket to torque it, out of 2" thick delrin I had at the job.
Chain, and clutch all mounted, along with new M6 tensioner. Installed shifter linkage, and leftside floorboard with kickstand.
Installed new oil pressure liquid filled gauge.
Tonite I will install primary cover and fill with fluid.
Then install my Carlini Torque arm, refill tranny with Redline HD Shockproof(i luv that stuff!)
Fill oil tank back up with some fresh oil, and install new filter(filter first, lol)
Then install exhaust gaskets, exhaust, then move on to the tin.
Finally I will check all lines, and bolts to make sure there all good to go.
Fill with gas, set the static timing, and fire her up..........but I probably won't get to some of that stuff till the weekend......between working late, and kids football schedule......
Took plenty of pics, but need to find some time to upload them.
Will update soon
Thanks

Old 08-24-2007 | 05:40 AM
TIPN8R
|
Stellar HDF Member
Old 08-25-2007 | 10:22 PM
mtnlvr
Road Warrior

Lookin' better. Is it sounding better yet?

Quick Reply: Broke it......