Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

SCREAMIN EAGLE II EXHAUST QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007 | 05:30 PM
crossfire3006
|
Road Captain
Default SCREAMIN EAGLE II EXHAUST QUESTION

This is such a great site and there are a lot of very knowledgeable people here that I'm sure can educate me. Unfortunately,I'm not too tech saavy. If this question has been asked before, my apologies for asking it again.I hope I don't get bashed for asking for help.Here it is.

I currently have Screamin Eagle II's on my 02 Deuce (FXSTDI). Lately, when I let off on the throttle, it sounds like its choking and makes a few popping sounds. It sometimes does this when I'm shifting gears as well. I bought the bike used but I'm not sure if it was mapped correctly.I do know that it still has thestockair cleaner in. My question is,if I installed aScreaminEagle Stage I A/C Kit and did aStage 1 download, will this possibly remedy my problem? Unfortunately, I can't afford a Power Commander right now. Thanks everyone for any help you can provide me.

[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 06-26-2007 | 05:48 PM
Swine Psycles
Intermediate
Default RE: SCREAMIN EAGLE II EXHAUST QUESTION

no bashing

my advice is stock airbox until you can get some more fuel in there b/c it will lean out even further and make your prob worse. Download will help very little as there are no such thing as downloads for exhaust changes unless someone has a scanalizer card for you. The PC will require a stage one also and I dont see a single advantage to this system over the sert. This is my opinion and I will back it up. Tear itapart boys.

Thanks,

Old 06-27-2007 | 09:01 AM
crossfire3006
|
Road Captain

Any other ideas, comments, suggestions?

Old 06-27-2007 | 12:03 PM
zoopman
Road Master

I have 07 dyna and have put rush 1.75 slip-ons on the bike with stock a/c. There was some popping with the
stock (factory) exhaust and there still is some popping with the new slip-ons--you can hear it a little more because of the louder slip-ons is all. I have heard from many here on the forum that they still get some popping with the stage-1 download. I have also heard that tis won't hurt the bike any. I still have not decided when to change a/c and getsome sort of fuel management.Was even thinking about the v&h fuelpack as I plan on a little more horsepower with no other engine mods. My bike runs great but do notice some surging and popping at the lower speeds in lower gears. Still have 2 year warranty but would be nice to tune bike yourself. I really like the phrase--RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT!!!

Old 06-27-2007 | 10:37 PM
F117ewo
Cruiser

A little decel popping isn't such a bad thing. I does indicate a lean condition and can be cured with a PCIII. I've done it and it works. You may even notice a pop or two when you shift. Again, nothing to be alarmed about. When you close the throttle at high rpms, the engine goes lean for a second or two.

Keep the stock AC until you can get a fuel management system that you are comfortable with. I prefer the PCIII, but there is nothing wrong with the SERT either. They both work. I just find the PCIII easier to modify by myself without having to pay the dealer any more money.

Don't waste your money on the Stage I download. It may help slightly, but is much too mild for even a modest stage I kit.

Jake