Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

wild pigs

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 08:51 AM
lawmanadam
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wild pigs

I put the wild pigs on yesterday and I am thrilled with them!!!! They sound great and my buddy was trying to trade me the D&D slip-ons he had bought. I ordered them off of ebay from holly hills FL for $149.99 and $25 shipping. My buddy payed $379 for the D&D's and I think mine sound better and so did he. I would get the wild pig pipes again for a dresser you can't go wrong. I didn't change anything but the pipes and the bike runs fine. No popping or anything! Do a search on ebay for wild pigs and it should bring up the site. Mine are the slash cuts.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:05 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Cool. Thanks Terry and Adam. I was concerned that I would need to get into the whole re-mapping thing and I don't think I'm ready for that yet.

Still, I guess the next question, is once you do decide to get a new air filter system, and you have "the piggies" then what do you do regarding remapping (is that the right term) the eprom (is that the right term?)

I've read that getting a "breather kit" (more breathable air filter system?) will also allow the bike to run a tad richer/cooler, so this seems like a good next move.

I'm just trying to think through the upgradability issues of the combination of the "piggies" with future stuff.

they sound good though, huh?!

Man.. it's been a rough week for me and I am looking forward to doing some miles!

Old 06-23-2007, 07:51 AM
lawmanadam
Advanced

Yeah they sound great! You can go to www.wildpigpipes.com and they have a video with audio of the pipes. On the video you can hear popping when he lets off of it but mine don't pop at all? If you do the air cleaner then you will have to do the remap on the ECM but all of that will still work with the wild pig pipes or any other pipe. For the price and the sound you can't go wrong.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:49 PM
deerhunter
Intermediate

Wild Pig pipes are great! Do the sheetmetal mod for deeper, louder sound, IMO

Old 07-25-2007, 12:02 PM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: deerhunter

Wild Pig pipes are great! Do the sheetmetal mod for deeper, louder sound, IMO
huh?

Old 07-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Papamte
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

You can also get the Wild Pigs blems from www.kruzerproducts.com .

$169 w/ free shipping to 48 states.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:46 PM
TerryM
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: oldhippie

Still, I guess the next question, is once you do decide to get a new air filter system, and you have "the piggies" then what do you do regarding remapping (is that the right term) the eprom (is that the right term?)

I've read that getting a "breather kit" (more breathable air filter system?) will also allow the bike to run a tad richer/cooler, so this seems like a good next move.

I'd look into a Arlen ness big sucker, as far as a re map, i put a dfo/tfi on mine and works great. If all you are going to do is change pipes and intake then this will work fine for you..