Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Kuryakyn Hypercharger good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007 | 03:11 PM
brian.peterson
|
Stage II
Default Kuryakyn Hypercharger good or bad?

I am about to put some Vance & Hines longshots and was thinking about putting a Kuryakyn standard hypercharger on a stock'07 Night Train.What are the pro's and con's of theKuryakyn hypercharger, and that configuration? Anyone have any good advice?

Old 06-11-2007 | 06:58 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Kuryakyn Hypercharger good or bad?

Brian
The V&H long shots perform pretty good as long as you leave in the baffles. The Kuryakyn Hyper Charger is no better than any other air filter using the K&N filter. It just cost twice as much to watch the little plates flutter in front. Your looking at a 10 hp gain but it will have to be dynoed to look at your fuel delivery.

Old 06-11-2007 | 07:26 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member

I've always heard that the hypercharger is more about decoration than function.

Old 06-11-2007 | 08:06 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: BG Weasel

I've always heard that the hypercharger is more about decoration than function.
In my opinion the HyperCharger is decoration.....the 10 hp gain comes from the pipes and K&N filter......not the chrome cover!

Old 06-11-2007 | 08:07 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior

Doc has it right.

The hypercharger works...but it doesn't work any better than any of the other ACs that work for half the price.

If you like the looks of them then great.

I personally think they are too gimmicky....but I admittedly lean towards the simple.

Old 06-12-2007 | 12:27 AM
brian.peterson
|
Stage II

Do you know of anyone that makes a reasonably priced air cleaner/breather that uses a k&n air filter, for an '07 Night Train, so I don't have to waste money that Kuryakyn hypercharger?

Old 06-12-2007 | 12:56 AM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member

I was about to spring for the hypercharger, but after reading what's been posted, I'm going to pass on it.
From what I've seen (I'm a newbie, so pay more attention to the experienced riders' posts), Scream'n Eagle seems to be about the most popular A/C out there. There's also the Arlen Ness Big Sucker and Kuryakyn makes a regular type A/C set up that I just saw earlier on their site (you can find it on Google, look under hypercharger). Thanks to all of the above for the informative posts.

Old 06-12-2007 | 01:29 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: itileman

I was about to spring for the hypercharger, but after reading what's been posted, I'm going to pass on it.
From what I've seen (I'm a newbie, so pay more attention to the experienced riders' posts), Scream'n Eagle seems to be about the most popular A/C out there. There's also the Arlen Ness Big Sucker and Kuryakyn makes a regular type A/C set up that I just saw earlier on their site (you can find it on Google, look under hypercharger). Thanks to all of the above for the informative posts.

Old 06-12-2007 | 01:31 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

The big sucker and the SE kit isjust fine.

Old 06-12-2007 | 02:19 AM
hard_head
Tourer

I have a Hypercharger that I run without the butterflies enabled and have noticed nothing but good strong running. Most peoples complaints of the hypercharger are slow or sluggish response or "hype" around the butterflies - I just don't use them and my bike runs like a champ.

Swede

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn Hypercharger good or bad?