Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

serious probem with 2007 96 cube engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 05:53 PM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: serious probem with 2007 96 cube engine

fight for the new motor!! dont let them screw your friend! (unless she is cute!)

Old 06-07-2007, 07:56 PM
RoadieRider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems like the replcement engine would be the way to go. The service department might not have the experience of that of an engine builder at the MoCo.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:11 PM
TOMCENTRAL
Road Captain

Have the dealer install the 110 or 103 kit while the bike is apart.They could do that for his set back & the most it should cost is for parts only.Regards,Tom

Old 06-08-2007, 12:18 AM
RE AND CHERYL
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TOMCENTRAL

Have the dealer install the 110 or 103 kit while the bike is apart.They could do that for his set back & the most it should cost is for parts only.Regards,Tom
That's whatI 'm talking about. Maybe some cams too.

There's no way he would get a bike out of if, Maybe a rebuilt engine. But obvioulsy it cost Harley less to pay the dealer labor to tear it all apart than to install a new one.

Unfortualtely the time has past when he could have done something abou it. I beleive in all states any loan is not final for 72 hours. Not to say they will charge you for backing out but it's legal to do so.

Re'

Old 06-08-2007, 10:31 AM
drlins5172
1st Gear

Thank you all for yourcomments, concerns, and advice.

My friend was able to contact HD MoCO and then the regional manager (thanksfatboylust for your advice). As predicted, HD MoCo was completely unsympethetic and refused to take any action other than tell him they were onlyauthorizing replacement of the engine cases.
At that point my friend contacted the regional manager who alsostated thatthey would only change the engine cases.
Out of desperation my frienddecided to contact another dealership in the area and explain his situation. These guys were great and apparently contacted their regional manager as well (discussion unknown). Withinminutes my friend received a call from the dealership he bought the bike from and they informed him that he was getting a new engine.
It's unfortunate that this my friend had to experience these frustrations but it appears that he is finallybeing taken care ofand is looking forward to finally riding the bike of his dreams.
Again, thanks to everyone for the comments, concerns, and good advice.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:58 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: drlins5172

Thank you all for yourcomments, concerns, and advice.

My friend was able to contact HD MoCO and then the regional manager (thanksfatboylust for your advice). As predicted, HD MoCo was completely unsympethetic and refused to take any action other than tell him they were onlyauthorizing replacement of the engine cases.
At that point my friend contacted the regional manager who alsostated thatthey would only change the engine cases.
Out of desperation my frienddecided to contact another dealership in the area and explain his situation. These guys were great and apparently contacted their regional manager as well (discussion unknown). Withinminutes my friend received a call from the dealership he bought the bike from and they informed him that he was getting a new engine.
It's unfortunate that this my friend had to experience these frustrations but it appears that he is finallybeing taken care ofand is looking forward to finally riding the bike of his dreams.
Again, thanks to everyone for the comments, concerns, and good advice.
Good news, and I think this is an anomaly, as I've never heard of this problem before. If it was my bike I'd take it with the new engine and forget about the incident. I think that after a few rides your friend will forget it since he'll be in fantasyland and thoroughly enjoying his new ride.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:36 PM
cwilks
Banned

How's he going to know if its REALLY a new engine or just cases.....either way there's going to be new numbers. Its still going to be under warranty regardless of what they do.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:45 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some across the border 07 owners have had cam chain failures.One has had this happen under 3000 miles.Cam failure was also involved.Is it a export thing?Just a fluke?Or a sign of a forth coming recall?