Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Undecided on headpipe to go with.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2016 | 05:36 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member

The new D&D x-cat headers are great. I run em on mine and they stay cooler.

Old 10-14-2016 | 08:21 AM
Blue Tick
Road Master

Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe101
I have had several on my bikes,
Flat out the FullSac and stay away from FuelMoto which is what I currently have.
Just curious why you say to stay away from Fuel Moto? I'm looking to switch my Rush header to something with more of an X chamber and I'm not a V&H fan at all.

Old 10-14-2016 | 11:51 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
Just curious why you say to stay away from Fuel Moto? I'm looking to switch my Rush header to something with more of an X chamber and I'm not a V&H fan at all.

I have seen them crack down by the X. FM does stand behind them though. Customer cam up from Texas on a weekend to STL for a tune. Headpipe cracked. No answer on the weekend and he had to make work on Monday. But FM did stand behind it when he could get ahold of them. Trip was a bust.

With as many of the X style pipes out there. I haven't seen one that really out performs any of the others. Muffler will be a more deciding factor with the stage 1 and 2's.

Old 10-14-2016 | 01:39 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
I have seen them crack down by the X. FM does stand behind them though. Customer cam up from Texas on a weekend to STL for a tune. Headpipe cracked. No answer on the weekend and he had to make work on Monday. But FM did stand behind it when he could get ahold of them. Trip was a bust.

With as many of the X style pipes out there. I haven't seen one that really out performs any of the others. Muffler will be a more deciding factor with the stage 1 and 2's.
Interesting......I'm planning a run this summer to see them and have a 107" kit done on my bike.

Old 10-14-2016 | 02:44 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp

Interesting......I'm planning a run this summer to see them and have a 107" kit done on my bike.

Hopefully FM, or the ones manufacturing the pipe for them has beefed it up in the trouble area. I have heard and seen more than this one but it has been more than 9 months since I have heard of this problem and the pipe is on par with the rest of them out there for power.

Old 10-22-2016 | 09:50 AM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
Too big to be welded to get the tune done?

Old 10-24-2016 | 08:48 PM
mstng5point0
Road Captain

I'm very happy with the fit and quality of my Fuel Moto super duals. They look to be the highest quality I have used thus far. Ive had 5 exhausts on my 03 and 2 on my night train and the fuel moto is by far the nicest. Wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

Old 10-24-2016 | 09:36 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master

Originally Posted by mstng5point0
I'm very happy with the fit and quality of my Fuel Moto super duals. They look to be the highest quality I have used thus far. Ive had 5 exhausts on my 03 and 2 on my night train and the fuel moto is by far the nicest. Wouldn't hesitate to buy again.
Super duals are on my radar. Any particular reason you chose them over the standard 2-1-2 jackpot header?

Old 10-25-2016 | 06:02 AM
mstng5point0
Road Captain

Super duals are on my radar. Any particular reason you chose them over the standard 2-1-2 jackpot header?
Yup cause I have an 03. I haven't had them long just put them on Saturday. I was planning on waiting till winter but they were on sale this month.

Old 10-25-2016 | 04:29 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

My vote, Fullsac!

YB

Quick Reply: Undecided on headpipe to go with.