Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

D&D vs pro pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 07:55 PM
tiiiim2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D&D vs pro pipe

its come down to these two choices both seem to be of good quality ant performance differences between them my build is 95" 37g cam deweys heads compression around 9.8 TIA for any comments oops bike is a DEUCE. GATTA LOVE EM

Old 05-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Jeepin_Lawyer
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: D&D vs pro pipe

The general opinion seems to be the D&D performs a little better and the Pro Pipe is a couple hundred bucks cheaper.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:10 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with what Jeep said....

Old 06-08-2007, 11:20 AM
cdem02
Advanced

[blockquote]
I have never used a D+D. I am however very happy with my propipe.

Chuck

[/blockquote]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13329/84F0275F30A24F8EA27D3351023999ED.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Warhawk
Tourer

Received 191 Likes on 89 Posts

In side by side comparison the Propipe sounds "tinny" to me.

Also, the muffler can has turned yellow on every Propipe I've seen. The D&D chrome is excellent and mine never discolored at all.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:19 AM
ajwatt
Intermediate

I toohave a deuce(06'), with a pro pipe, there's no evidence the D&D is better(curious where this came from besides the D&D website-but they all clame there's is superior),(most 2-1 exhaustperform roughly the same because they're2-1, so performance is a given-the difference is the cutof thepipe and the shape and type of baffle/or disc's-either wayyou can't go wrong withthis type of exhaust being itBassani, V&H,D&D,Porker,Rinehart,Cobra, Python,etc.etc.)and yes the Pro pipe is a littlecheaper. When I Installed it- sounded like a race horse-going from the stock shotgun exhaust to the pro pipe is a world a difference-get compliments everywhere I go. I was debateing on both of these pipes too-I decided with my gut in the end. V&H has a great reputation,besides a competetive racing reputation along with Rinehart,so does both their exhaust-listened to the soundbytes on their website-and the general opinion from different forums was the D&D looked like the smoke stack from a semi 18-wheeler. But, as everyone says-Go With What looks Best Too You-I promise there will always be someone who doesn't like the style of your pipe or for that matter your bike(the deuce)-don't know why, some people think they're hidious looking-go figure.[:-]LOL!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/31893/F960A534D40748999A09CB40EB6F4571.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-11-2007, 06:21 AM
ajwatt
Intermediate

Oh yea, almost forgot, no discoloration as of yet, over 2000 mi.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:18 AM
BVBOB
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I run the D&D Fatcat on both my 06 Dyna and 07 Ultra, the Dyna pipe was an easy fit no problems pipe, the 07 was a pain in the **** to get lined up decent, both seem to have excellent chrome, Installed a V&H propipe on a buddies SE 103 Fatboy this weekend and the fit and finish was comparable to the D&D, as for sound, they are also very comparable, the D&D is a little louder on hard excelleration than the propipe. As for tuning, I thought the propipe was a little easier to get consistent afr readings when probed with an afr sniffer a few inches up the header pipe than the D&D, but without actually switching out pipes on the same bike it is really hard to say if it is pipe related or build related. If I were in the market to buy a set of pipes I would still choose the D&D.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:00 AM
MiniMe
Road Master

I also have a propipe. I have no complaints and I think it sounds great. My favorite sounding 2-1 is the thunderheader. I think hands down the thunderheader is the best sounding 2-1 I have ever heard (IMO).

In the end you have to go with what you like. You will get good performance from all of them.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:09 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ajwatt
there's no evidence the D&D is better(curious where this came from besides the D&D website-but they all clame there's is superior),(most 2-1 exhaustperform roughly the same because they're2-1,....
That's a pretty random statement. [&:]

I've owned numerous 2into1 systems over the years (ProPipe x2, FatCat x2, E-Series, ThunderHeader) and there most certainly IS a difference!

Performance wise, I've never seen anything better than the old WhiteBros E-Series, but the fit /chrome / sound were below avg.

ThunderHeader had the best sound, but suffers a torque dip in the lower RPM range. Mine was Black, so I did not have the typical chrome issues.

The ProPipe was inexpensive and had decent sound, but suffered the low RPM torque dip, similar to the T-Header. We messed wiht the baffle and pretty much fixed the dip. An additional benefit to my "fix" is a much DEEPER rumble. You can search this forum for posts from me regarding the ProPipe. I posted a drawing of the fix early last year.

THe FatCat is BY FAR the best fit / finish /quality of any of them. They are also know for making GREAT lower RPM torque, which is great for Baggers. The sound is unique and sounds kinda like a Racecar.

Beside the FatCat, I would consider a SuperTrapp SuperMeg or Bassani RoadRage. But the others.... been there, done that.... no thanks.

Just another unsolicited opinion.

Quick Reply: D&D vs pro pipe