Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Street Cannons on V&H Power Duals

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2016 | 05:55 PM
Check6
|
Road Captain
Veteran: Air Force
Received 299 Likes on 140 Posts
Default Street Cannons on V&H Power Duals?

Anyone done this yet? Curious how it worked out... sound, fitment, etc.

There's just too much damn heat coming off of the cat on the stock head pipe and I need to fix that. Since I already have Street Cannons on it and like the sound, I'm considering the Power Duals.

Any input appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Check6; 07-10-2016 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-10-2016 | 06:05 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Check6
Anyone done this yet? Curious how it worked out... sound, fitment, etc.

There's just too much damn heat coming off of the cat on the stock head pipe and I need to fix that. Since I already have Street Cannons on it and like the sound, I'm considering the Power Duals.

Any input appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
With the cat removed or replaced, the heat will be 80% gone and the mufflers will be louder and possible some low end torque loss. The back pressure from a cat is small if any. The cat does muffle/mellow the exhaust note. Many will state the heat loss is well worth the minor negatives it brings. I would do some research with www.fuelmotousa.com and American Custom Exhaust and Fulsac, before buying the V&H.

Old 07-10-2016 | 08:14 PM
Check6
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by checkers
With the cat removed or replaced, the heat will be 80% gone and the mufflers will be louder and possible some low end torque loss. The back pressure from a cat is small if any. The cat does muffle/mellow the exhaust note. Many will state the heat loss is well worth the minor negatives it brings. I would do some research with www.fuelmotousa.com and American Custom Exhaust and Fulsac, before buying the V&H.
Well, Thanks for the link! To EVERYBODY ELSE... NEVERMIND!

While cruising around the site I ended up ordering a Rinehart Slimline header set and the 3.5 inch Rinehart mufflers that go with them. Great price!!

I think I have a solution for the heat problem and an even better sounding set of mufflers on the way. I'll try to remember to post the results after I get everything installed.

I also ordered the Fuelmoto stage 1 breather kit for it.

Before anyone asks, I already have an FP3 hooked up to the bike. I'll use the canned setup for V&H Dresser duals and twin slash round pipes to get started, and then I'll do a couple of autotunes to get it tweaked into place.

Thanks for the link and advice checkers!

Old 07-11-2016 | 07:32 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

Reading your list: you made some good choices. Glad I could help.

The following users liked this post:
Check6 (07-11-2016)
Old 07-12-2016 | 06:00 AM
FXR_Hamster
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before anyone asks, I already have an FP3 hooked up to the bike. I'll use the canned setup for V&H Dresser duals and twin slash round pipes to get started, and then I'll do a couple of autotunes to get it tweaked into place.

I am considering Street Canons versus stock mufflers with a V&H Power Dual header pipe (want to keep costs and sound low), to get hopefully reduce the frying of my right leg on 2012 Ltd, but looking forward to installing FP3. Curious on your exhaust manufacturer switch if it was cost or sound ?

I do miss riding in CO...was stationed there 2003 to 2007, awesome riding and still have good riding friends there !

Cheers,

Scott

Old 07-12-2016 | 06:21 AM
Check6
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FXR_Hamster
Curious on your exhaust manufacturer switch if it was cost or sound ?

Scott
No real good reason for getting rid of the Cannons. They sound and look good, just wanted to get an entire setup from the same manufacturer. I'll end up selling the Cannon's.