Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Doc1 Knows stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Doc1 Knows stuff...

ORIGINAL: Doc 1

ORIGINAL: Hammer02

Who is Doc1 and what is his shop name?

The instructor of the instructors should be pretty well known.
Ahhhh...may be I should answer this one...lol

Iteach Dyno Operations andCertify Dyno Operators
I teach EFI tuningwith the Race Tuner, PowerCommander, and just started using the Daytona TwinTec
I alsodo Hi-Performance Consulting .
lastly I still do builds and tunes in my humble garage while I 'm not on the road training.
I have 36 years inthe H-D field, I had my own after market shop for 28 years, worked for dealers for a few years where I was part of a AHDRA ProModified Drag Bike Program at Zepka Harley-Davidson (8.6 et 150mph114.5 ci Sporty with 182 hp and 167 tq).
I was Team Leader in the Dyno Training and Hi-Performance Enging Building Program at MMI for 5 years where I had the privelage of working very close to the Motor Co with the Race Tuner.

Now that I am on my own again in this new venture the shops name is HDMD TUNING CENTER and I am based out of Orlando Florida for the time being.

Doc
Cool.

When you say based out of Orlando Florida for the time being...are you going on the road or moving?

Old 05-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Hammer...I'm ready to get out of Florida at anytime. There is was too many poeople here and not enough speak our language. The winters are GREAT but the summers are too hot for this old man.....

Most all the builds I do are from miles away and training takes me on the roadanyway so staying in Orlando is not in the plans for the near future. I'd like to check out North Carolina but my wife wants to move up state New York...till we get on the same page with this new location we will stay put in Orlando....lol

Old 05-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can tell you from experience...upstate New York blows.

Cold, snows 8 months out of the year it seems like.

North Carolina is a GREAT state....I especially like the Asheville area but their are many choices in the state that are great...including Charlotte.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

Yes I agree with you!!

Old 05-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Phins74
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to Gator Harley in the morning for a Stage One upgrade. I am hoping all goes well. I am going with Supertrapp SE mufflers, Screaming Eagle A/C, and a SERT. They are having a guy bring his Dyno trailer in. I know its important for tha air fuel mixture to be smooth throughout the band. I am a big guy and i'm noticing my pipes tuning brownish blue quicker than my brothers new FLHX. I'm thinking my size is like most people riding two up. Is that something that should be considered when Dynoing.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:37 PM
gussie78
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Doc I'm sure glad you found this place, it's never going to move. I just wanted to thank you again for your help, I knew something was up when you started posting as Doc1. You gotta be good to get a coolnickname such as Doc.Keep em' coming my friend.

What you riding on Doc?

Old 05-19-2007, 07:42 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: gussie78

Well Doc I'm sure glad you found this place, it's never going to move. I just wanted to thank you again for your help, I knew something was up when you started posting as Doc1. You gotta be good to get a coolnickname such as Doc.Keep em' coming my friend.

What you riding on Doc?
...............thanks

Old 05-19-2007, 08:10 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Phins74

I am going to Gator Harley in the morning for a Stage One upgrade. I am hoping all goes well. I am going with Supertrapp SE mufflers, Screaming Eagle A/C, and a SERT. They are having a guy bring his Dyno trailer in. I know its important for tha air fuel mixture to be smooth throughout the band. I am a big guy and i'm noticing my pipes tuning brownish blue quicker than my brothers new FLHX. I'm thinking my size is like most people riding two up. Is that something that should be considered when Dynoing.
Yes Jim Brown with Bragging Rights Moble Dyno....he will do you a good job. I had Jim as a student over three years ago and once again Jim and I have hooked up to work together again for a while.

Old 05-19-2007, 10:34 AM
BVBOB
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmmm, looking to move huh, just so happens I will have a 40 acre property with a remodeled house and a nice 40 by 80 shop for sale right here in beautiful west central WI in the near future, we could seriously use some good dyno operators/tuners in this area. Wisconsin being the home of HD and everything it could be a good fit. Enough with the sales pitch, as for the original post, I for one am elated that someone like doc is willing to take the time to communicate with those of us less knowledgable and believe he is exactly what this forum needed, someone to give good , straight to the point, no bullshit answers to the toughest questions.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Storm 4 U
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doc1 thanks for all the help and information you provide here free of charge
I would like to give you a call to discuss an upcoming build on my Night Train
and certainly not opposed to pay a consulting fee for your time.

Quick Reply: Doc1 Knows stuff...