Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

SE CAMS??

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: SE CAMS??

ORIGINAL: Dalton

Doc,
There are not a lot of us running Woods cams as a lot of the people are buying GMR and HQ , even Kuryakin kits, or building a straight HD build. The kits are great, matched components, and great numbers, but IMO, I dont think you can beat the TW5G, TW6H or G, for building 95 incherand for the07's, the TW-400-6 or Gfor brute low end performance. As I said before, these cams to me are quite a bit noisier than the HD cams but there is no comparison inTQ if that is what you are looking for. Woods also makes some killer HP cams for the lighter bikes, but for my Ultra, and the previous RKC, torque is where it is at !!

Even with the other kits, or piecemealing a kit together, call Bob Woods to get the lowdown on what cam works with what heads, intake, pistons, etc. BTW, he is not a fan of Rineharts but I have run then, although changing this week to the LSR Blackholes 2 into 1, should be in Wednesday, so more wrenching to do. We will also see how quickly the DTT tuning system automatically reels in the changes necessary for the different pipes
Amen to that....Woods will always out torque the rest....they are proven through the years and will continue to out preform the others.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:07 AM
ajwatt
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gentlemen you all have great advice and i'm very glad I joined the forum a few days ago. Here's what I got and you can tell me which one's would probably work best for me using SE, Andrew's, and Woods. I don't need to go crazy but more hp and torque in the mid range while out on the road would be great.

06' Softail deuce f.i.
V&H 2-1 Pro pipe
SE air filter
SE race fueler

Old 05-14-2007, 11:10 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ajwatt

Gentlemen you all have great advice and i'm very glad I joined the forum a few days ago. Here's what I got and you can tell me which one's would probably work best for me using SE, Andrew's, and Woods. I don't need to go crazy but more hp and torque in the mid range while out on the road would be great.

06' Softail deuce f.i.
V&H 2-1 Pro pipe
SE air filter
SE race fueler
AJ are you planing to get head work done now or in the near future? If you are NOT getting head work done an Andrews 26 cam will work great for you. If you are getting head work in the future and a 95' kit you can install the Andrews 37 cam. Both ofthese cams are very mild but work great. The 26 will go in right now and yeild you around 85 ponies and 90 some tq. The 37 whit heads 9.8:1 compression and a big bore 95' will get you 100/100. To get all the bike has to offer you have to get a better unit to modify your fuel...the race fueler is just a DFO system and you can't optimize with that.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:25 AM
ajwatt
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Doc1- If I skipped out on the new performance heads for nowand went with this upgrade, where do you think I'll land respecitvely with hp and torque?
(this was recommended by the H-D service manager for a "low budget punch".)

big-bore cylinders 95in.
S.E.Flat top pistons
SE 204 CAMS

Thanks!

06' FXSTDI
SE A/C
V&H 2-1 Pro-pipe
SE Race Fueler

Old 05-17-2007, 05:07 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member

Around 84/92

Old 05-17-2007, 09:59 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That's the same combo I am running except the dealer did the heads for me. I haven't had it dynoed yet, but it's more than enough punch for me.
Runs great, no pinging and zero engine noise.
I added the LMR-2 spring, and that may help the 06's stay quiet.