Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

SERT map help

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 02:32 PM
DaveJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SERT map help

When I took delivery of my bike back in Oct ’05, I had the dealer install the Stage 1, SEII slip-ons, and race tuner. But it has always popped a little on decel. Over the winter I installed V&H Big Shots, and the popping has gotten pretty bad. I thought I would update the ECM, but am looking for a good map to use for it.

I have confirmed that I have the 8 degree injectors, but spoke to the dealer yesterday and it sounds like I’ll be able to get the “free upgrade.” I am not sure when that will happen, so I guess I would be looking for a good map to use with the 8’s, and a good one for the 25’s after I get them changed out. Other than the Stage 1 and pipes, the engine is pretty much a stock 88.

Anyone have any good maps to fit my configuration that are kid tested, mother approved?

Thanks!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 05-11-2007, 05:02 PM
priceamp
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: SERT map help

Dave,
Assuming you have a SERT installed, you can use your existing map and increase the VE table values on the 0 map from 1750 rpms to max rpms to removed decel popping.

Here's a thread we had last summer regarding how to remove the decel pop using a SERT. Read the entire thread to give you a better sense of why you use the VE tables to remove the decel pop and not so much the decel table, which seems to me to have little to no effect on reducing decel pop. As you read, you'll see how One_Screaming_Eagle and JamieWG were very helpful.

OSE and JamieWG's Help

Below I also attached my VE table showing the difference, referencing the original map. You may need to increase the VE percentage beyond what I did in the 0 map from 1750 to max rpm for you BSS. I recently installed BCT baffles in my SEII mufflers and had to increase the VE map 0 percentage to 4 from 1750 to max rpm. And don't forget to change both the front and rear VE tables exactly the same.

Jack

[IMG]local://upfiles/13917/5EBBBEC99C4F415A9C6A72B17C011FA1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-11-2007, 05:16 PM
DaveJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! That helps. I did a several searches but didn't see that thread; I'll read through it. Do you know if you have the 8 degree or 25 degree injectors?

BTW, I am seriously considering the BCT baffles myself. I have heard nothing but good things about them.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 05-11-2007, 09:00 PM
priceamp
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the 25 degree injectors. But the changes to the VE tables to reduce decel popping is independent of the injectors. So you can make the changes today with the map your using with the 8 degree injectors and then if you change to 25 degree injectors later, you can then make the same changes to the 25 degree base map.

If you're not sure which base map the dealer installed, when you "get" the VIN information from the SERT it will tell you the map being used. But it "should" be the basic map for your set up:

2006 Softail
8 degree injector
Stage 1 free flow AC
Free Flow Dual Exhaust, ie SEII, BSS etc.
Map = 141NP101

2006 Softail
25 degree injector
Stage 1 free flow AC
Free Flow Dual Exhaust, ie SEII, BSS etc.
Map = 141NP102