Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

2-1 exhaust choices,,

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 10:25 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts
Default 2-1 exhaust choices,,

I've narrowed it down I think to two systems,, or three,, or well, unless you all confuse me more with other preferences.
I need NO "Dummy pipe" as I like the looks of a single exhaust.
1) V&H Pro Pipe, Chrome, with FP3
2) Fuel Moto Jackpot Road and Track
3) Supertrapp Super Meg, (I like the looks of the discs back there, ran a Nightstick on my Street Glide for the whole time I had it.

Pro's / Con's to any of these? I want a throaty sound, and want it to be loud when "on the pipe" but want to be able to enjoy cruising too. (read, hear my stereo) LOL (Hopefully when I get that ironed out, it won't be a problem)

Old 01-03-2016, 11:07 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,222 Likes on 2,312 Posts

Subscribed

Old 01-03-2016, 12:06 PM
springers4ever
Road Master
Received 229 Likes on 135 Posts
Cool 2-1-2 or 2 to 1 ...???

Originally Posted by JimTJr
I've narrowed it down I think to two systems,, or three,, or well, unless you all confuse me more with other preferences.
I need NO "Dummy pipe" as I like the looks of a single exhaust.
1) V&H Pro Pipe, Chrome, with FP3
2) Fuel Moto Jackpot Road and Track
3) Supertrapp Super Meg, (I like the looks of the discs back there, ran a Nightstick on my Street Glide for the whole time I had it.

Pro's / Con's to any of these? I want a throaty sound, and want it to be loud when "on the pipe" but want to be able to enjoy cruising too. (read, hear my stereo) LOL (Hopefully when I get that ironed out, it won't be a problem)
check out this thread ..https://www.hdforums.com/forum/exhau...dilemma-2.html

we use the fuel moto head pipe and modified some S&S slip-ons ...

plus ..you should look at the Freedom Performance 2 to 1 for touring models ..
it's a stepped head pipe and baffle ...really deep throaty sound and not too bad where you can't hear the radio when cruzin ... check Ebay ...and find auction w/ "make offer" ..should be able to pick one up for 575-625...just put one on my wife's softail ...sound really good ...only draw back is that it is kinda big "fat" for the little softail ...but should look really good on the touring modes ...

Old 01-03-2016, 12:32 PM
springers4ever
Road Master
Cool Butt Plugs ??

Also ...if you look at the baffles in the pro pipe and super trapp ....they are really very restrictive ...
correct me if i am wrong ...but i think that is why we are taking the stock exhaust off right ??!!!

No Butt Plug's used here !!!

But for each his own !!! (i guess) ...

Old 01-03-2016, 12:35 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,407 Likes on 2,030 Posts

Originally Posted by springers4ever
Also ...if you look at the baffles in the pro pipe and super trapp ....they are really very restrictive ...
correct me if i am wrong ...but i think that is why we are taking the stock exhaust off right ??!!!

No Butt Plug's used here !!!

But for each his own !!! (i guess) ...

OK, so post up some comparison Dyno results between YOURS and Pro-Pipe, I dare ya!

Old 01-03-2016, 12:43 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

I know the Pro Pipe is wrapped baffle, and the main restrictions our motors have is the cat I believe. Mufflers are SUPPOSED to provide some back pressure, for internal combustion engines, now if you talk turbo diesel,, then straight pipe zero restrictions are the best...
I also do not want to mix head pipe and muffler brands, call me silly, but want a "Matched" set so to speak!
(Supertrapp have "Adjustable baffles" that is what the discs are for sir....)

Old 01-03-2016, 01:49 PM
springers4ever
Road Master
Cool information !!!

Originally Posted by perki48
OK, so post up some comparison Dyno results between YOURS and Pro-Pipe, I dare ya!
i think the man "asked " for opinions and any information about the exhaust , if you are not providing either .."then shut the hell up " ...

everyone has their own opinions about what works and what don't ,,,then we have mouths like you who provide no help to anyone ...go back to your hole and die !!!

Old 01-03-2016, 01:54 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,407 Likes on 2,030 Posts

Originally Posted by springers4ever
i think the man "asked " for opinions and any information about the exhaust , if you are not providing either .."then shut the hell up " ...

everyone has their own opinions about what works and what don't ,,,then we have mouths like you who provide no help to anyone ...go back to your hole and die !!!

I guess my asking for something to back up your claim/opinion got to ya huh? Didn't figure you could back it up with any documentation...

Old 01-03-2016, 02:44 PM
Longridertx
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 99 Posts

I ran the VH Pro pipe on my 11 Road King and it made good numbers with my setup. For me the standard baffle was too tinny sounding. I changed it out with the competition baffle which to me was deeper and certainly louder. Didn't have a radio on the RK so I can't speak to how well you can hear the radio. I can tell you that when you twist the throttle, the pro pipe with comp baffle will definitely be very loud. I traded the RK on a 15 Ultra with basically the same mods and am looking at D&D, Dragos and V&H to complete my mods.

Old 01-03-2016, 02:46 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,844 Likes on 1,084 Posts

D&D Fatcat.

Game,Set,Match!

Quick Reply: 2-1 exhaust choices,,