Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

Cobra Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 08:43 PM
djl
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 2,232 Likes on 1,614 Posts
Default Cobra Exhaust

I have run several 2:1 systems on my 95" Deuce but have not found one yet that rumbles at highway cruise speeds, 75-80mph. Python 3 and both Propipes sound great at idle and low rpms but at higher rpms and cruise, the rumble diminishes and the note is a higher pitch and a bit on the "tinny" side.

I run a Fuel Moto x-pipe and 4" Jackpot mufflers on my all bore 107"; true duals after converting the '02 FLHT system over to the later cross under system. I never get tired of that exhaust note at any rpm level.

I am thinking a 2:2 system is the only way I will get the sound I am looking for on the Deuce. I know there may be a change in my TQ curve and peak numbers may even drop off a tad but I don't think the loss will even register on the butt dyno. So, I am looking for a system and ran a cross the Cobra Dragsters for softails. The are staggered like a Sport or Dyna, look and sound good. Of course, Cobra is not a common choice, everyone automatically goes for V&H, Rinehart, etc. but everything I have read about the Cobra systems indicates that fit and finish is top notch.

The Bassani Pro Streets (the ones Bassani discontinued) would be my #1 choice and I am looking for a used set but if not successful, the Cobra Dragsters might have to do.

Long post to get to the "bottom line" but looking for input from any Cobra users.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:30 PM
svarnster
Road Warrior
Received 301 Likes on 245 Posts

I have cobra speedsters ex long shots on my electra glide, I love em. I have left the baffles in so I can hear the radio at 80, but they are pretty loud under power. The hp increase over the vance and hines slip ons that came on the bike was tremendous, really woke this bike up, I thought about a set of big radius, but can seem to wanna change what I have, it ain't broke so I ain't fixxin it. I think they sound good

Old 11-07-2015, 09:22 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 129 Posts

Have you tried RB Racing LSR 2-1 exhaust?

Old 11-07-2015, 12:37 PM
djl
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 2,232 Likes on 1,614 Posts

The only Cobra system I am interested in is the Dragster. I spoke to the Cobra guys and found out that the head pipe is not stepped; that's a show stopper for me.

The RB racing systems are all about HP; TQ, not so much. If I was drag racing; maybe but for this bike and motor, I don't think the LSR system is a fit and 2:1 systems just don't sound the same as 2:2s which is what I am looking for. The Bassani Pro Sports with stepped tuned head pipe were only discontinued for the Dyna line; so I have found some for a softail along with some good feedback from tuners on performance.

Thanks for the replies.