Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Warranty void onSE race tuner

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 06:54 PM
Lsa-ride
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty void onSE race tuner

I was ready to have new jack pot 2-1-2 head pipes and mufflers installed on my 2015 road glide new high flow a/c with HD race tuner I purchased all from dealer I bought bike from and was going to give them the work to install. At the last momenent was asked to sign a form stating that power train warranty would be voided with race tuner.i was pissed to say the least and called customer service and was told same thing .it used to word could void now it states it will void I have until 3/30/2017 remaining on factory warranty.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:28 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,844 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Yep. That's what it states. For off road/race use only. It all depends on each individual dealer.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:42 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts

I hope you didn't sign anything and didn't pay for the parts up front.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:34 AM
jmaniace
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

For what you are having done get them to do a stage 1 flash and then go aftermarket for your tuner.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:02 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,035 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by jmaniace
For what you are having done get them to do a stage 1 flash and then go aftermarket for your tuner.
You're missing the point. If the dealer won't honor warranty on an HD tuner that they are installing they certainly won't honor it on an aftermarket unit. And there's no sense in paying for the canned map which is the download, then adding a tuner.
If I was the OP I would look for a dealer who is a little more flexible. Having a customer sign a waiver/release is pretty heavy handed, too. Maybe technically they are right, but I'm sure there's shops out there who will work with their customers to keep them happy.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:11 PM
Roadblock_MN
Road Master
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Lsa-ride
I was ready to have new jack pot 2-1-2 head pipes and mufflers installed on my 2015 road glide new high flow a/c with HD race tuner I purchased all from dealer I bought bike from and was going to give them the work to install. At the last momenent was asked to sign a form stating that power train warranty would be voided with race tuner.i was pissed to say the least and called customer service and was told same thing .it used to word could void now it states it will void I have until 3/30/2017 remaining on factory warranty.
What dealer?
There are many in your area....
Reason I ask what dealer is I want to steer clear of them....
If you do not want to put it out here...please PM me....Thanks!

Old 10-07-2015, 03:40 PM
Rubline
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Just because you install after market parts doesn't necessarily mean your warranty will be void. For example, if you install a tuner and your tranny craps out, the dealer has to prove that the modification caused the tranny problem or a bearing let go somewhere in the engine. The burden is on the dealer and just by him saying that the warranty is void is not the end all. I would never sign anything that would wavy my rights. You shouldn't either.

So I suppose that if the dealer installed aftermarket headers and your wheel bearing **** the bed, you wouldn't be covered? Bull crap!!

Old 10-08-2015, 12:07 PM
jmaniace
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nevil
You're missing the point. If the dealer won't honor warranty on an HD tuner that they are installing they certainly won't honor it on an aftermarket unit. And there's no sense in paying for the canned map which is the download, then adding a tuner.
If I was the OP I would look for a dealer who is a little more flexible. Having a customer sign a waiver/release is pretty heavy handed, too. Maybe technically they are right, but I'm sure there's shops out there who will work with their customers to keep them happy.
My point is you can always remove a tuner like the PCV before you take it in for service. Also if you sign saying you know the SE one will void your warranty you have no recourse but if you do put an aftermarket one on you at least have an argument that you never signed something. He also talked to HD customer service and they said the same thing so doesn't matter what dealer he takes it to after he signs it...

Old 10-08-2015, 12:29 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,035 Likes on 773 Posts

I wouldn't sign anything like that. I'd be looking for another dealer.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:51 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by jmaniace
My point is you can always remove a tuner like the PCV before you take it in for service. Also if you sign saying you know the SE one will void your warranty you have no recourse but if you do put an aftermarket one on you at least have an argument that you never signed something. He also talked to HD customer service and they said the same thing so doesn't matter what dealer he takes it to after he signs it...
If you remove the PCV, the dealer can make the argument that the failure was a direct result of the aftermarket parts which caused a rich/lean condition.

It will not be long before the MoCo programs checks into the ECM for any variations beyond the stock configuration.

Quick Reply: Warranty void onSE race tuner