Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.

need help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015 | 04:54 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member

You dont need a stage 2 air cleaner, the standard Big Sucker will give you all the air your going to need. If you just ad a K&N filter to your stock airbox you bike isnt going to breath any better than stock. Xied's work as advertised but if your running some opened up exhaust be prepaired for some decell popping.

The parts you listed above will give you what your looking for. Do the work yourself and save a lot of coin.

Old 01-12-2015 | 09:17 PM
c.d.lawns@hotmail.com
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by ynots
You dont need a stage 2 air cleaner, the standard Big Sucker will give you all the air your going to need. If you just ad a K&N filter to your stock airbox you bike isnt going to breath any better than stock. Xied's work as advertised but if your running some opened up exhaust be prepaired for some decell popping.

The parts you listed above will give you what your looking for. Do the work yourself and save a lot of coin.
So i go with the Arlen Ness Chrome Finish Stage I Big Sucker Kit or S&S Cycle Stealth Air Cleaner Kit? Are they about the same? How do i keep it from popping? I have never worked on a bike but your guys have been great i think with yalls help i will be ok. Last thing why go with a stage 1 when its still going to pop would i want to save money and just get a K&N filter?

Last edited by c.d.lawns@hotmail.com; 01-12-2015 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-13-2015 | 03:48 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by c.d.lawns@hotmail.com
So i go with the Arlen Ness Chrome Finish Stage I Big Sucker Kit or S&S Cycle Stealth Air Cleaner Kit? Are they about the same? How do i keep it from popping? I have never worked on a bike but your guys have been great i think with yalls help i will be ok. Last thing why go with a stage 1 when its still going to pop would i want to save money and just get a K&N filter?
A filter alone does not make a Stage 1 air cleaner, need all the parts that connect to your throttle body. That being said, there are air cleaners that fit underneath stock air cleaner cover - a lot of the Screaming Eagle air cleaners do this.

The Big Sucker or S&S Stealth are both fine, get the set up that looks good to your eye.

The fuel device/tuner you select should eliminate decel popping. The more $ you invest here the more options and control you will have over your tune. Again you typically get what you pay for, I recommend calling Fuel Moto and talking to them before you buy. FM wont hard sell you and will match a device/tuner to your needs/budget.