EVO All Evo Model Discussion

1998 fxstc leather badlander seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 08:22 AM
IronHayden
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 fxstc leather badlander seat

Looking for the leather seat that is not in the hd catalog anymore. Any nice used or nos laying around?

Old 03-28-2014, 01:15 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

A lot of dealers save old catalogs for reference. Once you have the number have your dealer do a search for it. If he can't find one then get the Harley Map book, it has all the dealers listed in there. Start close to your location and work your way out and ask for the number, if they don't have it ask if there are any people in their area that buy out obsolete parts. There are more than a few of these guys around the country. Many of the dealers don't list the obsolete parts on their web based system but have them on their on site system. I have found every obsolete part that I ever needed doing this.
John

Old 03-28-2014, 02:24 PM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 575 Likes on 381 Posts

Ebay will probably have it.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:51 PM
LBH
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup check ebay

Old 07-16-2024, 01:38 PM
Kayakeur
Tourer
Location: Eastern foothills of Shenandoah Mountains, Virginia
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Shop Parts Catalog, Shop Manual

Originally Posted by miacycles
A lot of dealers save old catalogs for reference. Once you have the number have your dealer do a search for it. If he can't find one then get the Harley Map book, it has all the dealers listed in there. Start close to your location and work your way out and ask for the number, if they don't have it ask if there are any people in their area that buy out obsolete parts. There are more than a few of these guys around the country. Many of the dealers don't list the obsolete parts on their web based system but have them on their on site system. I have found every obsolete part that I ever needed doing this.
John
Ten years ago when I bought my 99 Heritage the original owner gave me the original Harley manual. It is invaluable. I also went down to the dealer and bought the companion book, the Parts Catalog, 99455-99A.covers the Softails that year. The Parts Catalog is just as valuable and useful as the manual as it has exploded diagrams of every subsection, every single little part and bolt and nut and washer, plus an index by part number of it's page number(s).shows exactly how things fit back together. I see a couple of them on ebay now (in 2024) for $30 or so, that's a deal. I do recall guys commenting that the factory manuals were superior to 3rd party manuals like Clymer etc. The Parts Catalog was about $60 or so in 2015 and I woulda been totally stuck various times without it. Nevertheless as you say the Parts Guy at your dealer knows a lot more, like equivalent parts with different numbers and other things I wouldn't have thought of; consider him a consultant, drop him a tenner. Sometimes I calculate cost of parts per mile, like, a part I think is overpriced by $50, that's 5 thousand pennies, a penny a mile the next 5 thousand miles, and I've gotten to ride.