EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Front wheel click

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 07:02 PM
agove
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Proud Marine Dad
OK boys back off the kid. I'm vouching for him. One of two things happened to cause his misdirection. 1. He is just getting home from a deployment (Thank You). 2. When he got back in the states he went home to see family in the frozen north and he had brain freeze. As you can see he remembered where to turn to. If I recall, you boys were able to help him out with his ride before he left on deployment so he knows where to go.
Thanks for backing me up here, but I do think it was the trip up north freezing my brain.

I've already checked the cup holder though. Everything seems to be tight. I think I may try to locate the flux capacitor and see of that could be the culprit.

Ok seriously though. I'll have the front wheel off this weekend and I'll take a look at the pads. The rotors look fine to me. Right now I'm betting on a wheel bearing. So if the pads look good I think I'm just going to do the bearings.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll be sure to check the cup holder first next time and ill also be sure to never ask a question in the touring section seeing as how nobody ever has an answer to a troubleshooting problem over there. Everyone and their grandma views it but nobody responds.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:32 PM
HarDlife
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You AND your cupholder are more than welcome here!

Touring section sux! Evo section rules!!

Old 02-10-2014, 07:39 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by johnjzjz
watch the speedo drive tang in the rotor its hitting or bent from the drive going bad

You forgot:
The 2014 bikes don't have this problem. Well they did but the latest software update fixed it.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:43 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,005 Likes on 4,196 Posts

Before you pull the wheel, pull the caliper first and spin the wheel. Probably the caliper. How many miles on bearing? Unless the bearing is really bad, then you need to pull wheel and carefully spin each bearing by hand and inspect seal closely. Could be a loose spoke but of course, you would not hear that spinning the wheel off the ground.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 845 Likes on 454 Posts

OK boys back off the kid. I'm vouching for him. One of two things happened to cause his misdirection. 1. He is just getting home from a deployment (Thank You). 2. When he got back in the states he went home to see family in the frozen north and he had brain freeze. As you can see he remembered where to turn to. If I recall, you boys were able to help him out with his ride before he left on deployment so he knows where to go.
Just kidding...jeeze, don't have a sense of humour failure... its not him I'm having a go at, its the Touring Forum...

Last edited by Spanners39; 02-10-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:05 PM
Proud Marine Dad
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spanners39
Just kidding...jeeze, don't have a sense of humour failure..
My humor is still intact. Just didn't want to scare the youth off. Plus, if my memory serves me correct, he offered to buy me a beer. I wasn't able to cash in on that offer at Myrtle Beach last year. As soon as he pays me off he's all yours.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:08 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 845 Likes on 454 Posts

My humor is still intact. Just didn't want to scare the youth off. Plus, if my memory serves me correct, he offered to buy me a beer. I wasn't able to cash in on that offer at Myrtle Beach last year. As soon as he pays me off he's all yours.
Lol, you're cheap

Old 02-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Proud Marine Dad
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
Before you pull the wheel, pull the caliper first and spin the wheel. Probably the caliper. How many miles on bearing? Unless the bearing is really bad, then you need to pull wheel and carefully spin each bearing by hand and inspect seal closely. Could be a loose spoke but of course, you would not hear that spinning the wheel off the ground.
Just do a process of elimination. Get the tire off the ground give it a spin. See if you can isolate the sound. Pull the caliper, give it a spin. After everything is removed and you only have the wheel left on and you still have your noise take a look at your bearings and spokes.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:24 PM
hockey8787
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'am betting on the rotor being warped my sporty was bent so bad it was making the caliper pop in and out which in turn made the clicking sound!!!!!

Old 02-10-2014, 08:35 PM
johnjzjz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,858 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Originally Posted by UppercaseJC
You forgot:
The 2014 bikes don't have this problem. Well they did but the latest software update fixed it.
i did not look its an Effen twinkie - what are you doing in the real bike section

Quick Reply: Front wheel click