EVO All Evo Model Discussion

FXR: What years are best?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 12:02 PM
Racepres
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,351 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Lots of Misinformation about FXR's Chassis are all Basically the Same '82 to '94 Anyway... The Non Shovelheads lost the Damnable rear muffler support that ruined exhausts... and I believe the Jiffy Stand may have changed a bit.. Oh... and the Fork Stop is Different w/ 39mm forks.. Rake is Mostly affected by varying the front fork length, relative to the rear shock length.. H-D did this Alot... Only Raked trees were the FXWG, and the deraked were the 4-speed Swingarm FL's.. Both of which being in the Trees, affect the Trail Opposite of Changing the Chassis.
I do Not see how you can go Wrong with any of the Regular Production FXR's
Shovels are getting to be Worth more because of the "Shovel Craze".. I never rode a Bad one, except a Couple Misguided Chopped up Examples.. Good way to make a thousand dollar bike out of a 5 thousand dollar one!!!
I Been owning this Particular one since it was Showroom New

Never gonna be for Sale

Yes it is an FXRS, Yes it has Spoked wheels... I still have the original Mags..
The dealer worked with me trying to make the thing look more Conventional... Including Drag Bars... Didn't work... Took alot of Grief back in the Day for my Jap Harley!!!
Who's Laughing Now???

Last edited by Racepres; 07-23-2018 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:36 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,631 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Mine
Originally Posted by Racepres
Lots of Misinformation about FXR's Chassis are all Basically the Same '82 to '94 Anyway... The Non Shovelheads lost the Damnable rear muffler support that ruined exhausts... and I believe the Jiffy Stand may have changed a bit.. Oh... and the Fork Stop is Different w/ 39mm forks.. Rake is Mostly affected by varying the front fork length, relative to the rear shock length.. H-D did this Alot... Only Raked trees were the FXWG, and the deraked were the 4-speed Swingarm FL's.. Both of which being in the Trees, affect the Trail Opposite of Changing the Chassis.
I do Not see how you can go Wrong with any of the Regular Production FXR's
Shovels are getting to be Worth more because of the "Shovel Craze".. I never rode a Bad one, except a Couple Misguided Chopped up Examples.. Good way to make a thousand dollar bike out of a 5 thousand dollar one!!!
I Been owning this Particular one since it was Showroom New

Never gonna be for Sale

Yes it is an FXRS, Yes it has Spoked wheels... I still have the original Mags..
The dealer worked with me trying to make the thing look more Conventional... Including Drag Bars... Didn't work... Took alot of Grief back in the Day for my Jap Harley!!!
Who's Laughing Now???
that is a great fxr. How much did cost , just curious how much they went for when they first hit the dealers.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:15 PM
Racepres
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,351 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Originally Posted by Durham man

that is a great fxr. How much did cost , just curious how much they went for when they first hit the dealers.
Thanks... I believe I gave about $4200.00.... Kinda Foggy!!! Pretty Close tho...Lots of them sat on the Showroom Floor for a Very long time, Back Then!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by Racepres:
Durham man (07-25-2018), Lvrgsp (10-20-2019)