EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Do Easy Brackets work with Papa Bags?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 11:49 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 15,675 Likes on 6,675 Posts
Default Do Easy Brackets work with Papa Bags?

I have a 95 Heritage Classic. I spent some time restoring the leather saddlebags because the black was fading and they were very dry. The results are fantastic.

The next thing I want to do is make the bags more useful. I was wondering if easy brackets are compatible with papa bags. If I had to choose one or the other, it would be the easy brackets. I know they don't do the same thing, but what I mean is I prefer the functionality of the easy brackets over the papa bags being more for cosmetics.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Prot
Club Member

Never mind. I am going in a different direction with this.

I have the easy brackets and the papa bags, but I think I am going to sell them.

I did a trial fit of the papa bags and although they work for what they are made for, they do not correct the part of my bags that are collapsing. I also find they are expensive for what they are. I also find just about any product for bag stiffening is overpriced, so I am going to come up with something on my own and will write up my results if successful. I will ebay the papa bags to recoup the money.

As for as the easy brackets, they are a quality product, etc. but for what I my needs are, they are expensive for what they are going to do. I can accomplish what I want to accomplish with a set of hopnel liners, which I just ordered off of ebay for a fraction of the cost. That leaves the only functionality I would be interested in is making the bags easy to come off for cleaning and maintenance. I have a better and cheaper idea to accomplish that, which, if successful, I will also post a write up on. I will ebay the easy brackets and easy tote that came with them.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:23 AM
Prot
Club Member

Guys,

I bought these and changed my mind and decided to do something different. I took the easy brackets and easy tote out of the box to inventory it and see how everything was put together but ultimately decided not to use it.

I have listed the easy brackets with the easy tote on ebay here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Easy-Bracket...9f8003&vxp=mtr

I am selling both as a complete package, so keep that in mind for pricing.