EVO All Evo Model Discussion

How bad could it be...join in the speculation!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013 | 10:02 PM
MJHJEA
Road Warrior

I respect everything you said GS….. but not all of us have the ability or knowledge to tackle bigger things. I know when to draw the line and send it to someone who knows what the hell they're doing. I don't have a problem with that, all I was trying to say. The key is having someone who is not only good, but trustworthy..someone you've built up a good working relationship with. Then you don't get raped, and it comes back fixed correctly. To me, it's sometimes better than spending time trying to figure something out, then find out you've done something incorrectly or screwed it up royally….eventually sending it off to your guy and hoping he can save the day for you. Then you conclude it would have been cheaper and less hassle sending it out in the first place….peace.

Old 08-08-2013 | 10:06 PM
MJHJEA
Road Warrior

CB…………………progress report???

Old 08-09-2013 | 02:39 PM
cpbedor
|
Road Warrior

I just got back from my old man's place where I was fully prepared to fire it up, let it puke and see where it's coming from. Oil pan in place, oil cap off and flashlight ready. Hit the start button....DEAD. Plugged it in, will try another day. ho hum. The good news is that I am now comfortable in executing this task thanks to the pitcrew.

Old 08-09-2013 | 02:57 PM
MJHJEA
Road Warrior

Figures....suspense.....trying not to bite off all my fingernails over here

Old 08-09-2013 | 02:57 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by cpbedor
I just got back from my old man's place where I was fully prepared to fire it up, let it puke and see where it's coming from. Oil pan in place, oil cap off and flashlight ready. Hit the start button....DEAD. Plugged it in, will try another day. ho hum. The good news is that I am now comfortable in executing this task thanks to the pitcrew.

If the battery was completely dead then plugging it into a trickle charger ain't gonna do it.

If the battery is completely dead you have to hook it up to a car charger for about 1 -1.5 hours. No more than that or you will cook the battery.

Now lets deal with the elephant in the room.
Why was the battery dead?

Old 08-09-2013 | 03:04 PM
cpbedor
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by texashillcountry
If the battery was completely dead then plugging it into a trickle charger ain't gonna do it.

If the battery is completely dead you have to hook it up to a car charger for about 1 -1.5 hours. No more than that or you will cook the battery.

Now lets deal with the elephant in the room.
Why was the battery dead?
The battery wasn't dead, it turned it over a few times then my dumb *** realized I didn't pull the enricher out. So when I did, by he third crank, it didn't have enough juice to turn it. I even tried the plunger on the starter and there just wasn't enough to get it turned. I plugged it in, it will be fine. I think the other reason the battery was low is because the last time I cranked it, I didn't let it run long because the oil scared me. Before that, it hadn't been touched in two months. So with any luck, I'll head out there another day and fire it.

Old 08-09-2013 | 03:34 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Originally Posted by cpbedor
The battery wasn't dead, it turned it over a few times then my dumb *** realized I didn't pull the enricher out. So when I did, by he third crank, it didn't have enough juice to turn it. I even tried the plunger on the starter and there just wasn't enough to get it turned. I plugged it in, it will be fine. I think the other reason the battery was low is because the last time I cranked it, I didn't let it run long because the oil scared me. Before that, it hadn't been touched in two months. So with any luck, I'll head out there another day and fire it.
You should be fine.

When you said dead battery I thought it didn't even crank.

Old 08-09-2013 | 05:16 PM
Gunslingertom
Road Master

Did I hear someone say ROLL START? NO!!!!!

Old 08-09-2013 | 05:19 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Originally Posted by Gunslingertom
Did I hear someone say ROLL START? NO!!!!!
Can you roll start a bike with electronic ignition?

I had a car once that I tried to roll start several times then was told that it won't start if the battery is dead.

Old 08-09-2013 | 05:31 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member

Depends on how dead the battery is. It might be too dead to turn the motor over but have enough in there to fire the ignition.

Quick Reply: How bad could it be...join in the speculation!