EVO All Evo Model Discussion

How bad could it be...join in the speculation!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013 | 04:11 PM
cpbedor
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by MJHJEA
TOM…why do you say these things? Just because someone doesn't do a lot of work on their bikes doesn't mean they no " nothing " about them. Or classic cars…I've owned several of those too….worked on them here and there just like my bikes. Saving money and the sense of accomplishment when you fix them yourself are all good…..but doesn't "always" matter…for many reasons. Time constraints just for one. But if my bike was down like cb's, I wouldn't be confident in myself "not" missing something that could be wrong….in addition to the fluid leak. That doesn't mean I don't know anything.
Let's not fight. I'm happy to admit that when it comes to what makes my cycle go, I have no business being involved. I'm okay with that. I would do more damage than what the total bill from my mechanic would have been in the first place. I can fiddle around and change oil but if I don't know what's going on under the rocker boxes it's going to S&L Big Twin.

I don't think Tom meant any harm and MJ, you are a surgeon when it comes to bike work. No worries, it will get figured out one way or the other.

Old 08-08-2013 | 06:22 PM
traildog
Seasoned HDF Member

If y'all don't stop yer bickering, I'm going to see if I can get ya banished to the TOURING section.

Now, take a deep breath, have a bite of

And a lovely sip of.........

Old 08-08-2013 | 06:31 PM
bluharley
Road Warrior

Ooohhhhh, I had to cut out sweets....you're killing me.

Old 08-08-2013 | 07:03 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by bluharley
Ooohhhhh, I had to cut out sweets....you're killing me.
That's ok it is made out of that fake sugar stuff.
Bite away!!!

Old 08-08-2013 | 07:05 PM
bluharley
Road Warrior

My addiction is double stuff Oreos. Cake will do though.

Old 08-08-2013 | 07:16 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by bluharley
My addiction is double stuff Oreos. Cake will do though.

OOOOOOHHHH double stuff Oreos!!!!
Can I have some??????????

Old 08-08-2013 | 07:32 PM
Gunslingertom
Road Master

Didn't mean to offend anyone. I guess I don't understand the concept of letting someone else work on my stuff. I see in these forums and with my own eyes, good folks getting raped by mechanics, electricians, plumbers, concrete finishers, etc., etc., because they don't trust their own instincts or won't take the time to learn or...........
When I joined this forum, I read the term "Indie" and had no idea what that meant. Then someone explained it was an independent bike mechanic. What a foreign concept that was and still is. The only reason I would ever need one of those is for parts, maybe advice. But mostly I'd just ask here if I needed advice.
I was raised on a 1300 acre Iowa farm. If we didn't work on everything, we'd have been broke.
I'm old school too. I buy old and fix it to my satisfaction. My tractor is a 1953 model Ford, my backhoe is a 1961 Dynahoe, my pick-up is a 1976 Chevy, my current hotrods are a 1954 Belair that I've owned since I was 16 (31 years ago) and a 1965 Chevy big window, short wide bed C10 and my bike is a 1990 Ultra Classic. The newest bike I've ever owned and I've had a literal herd of bikes. Hey my fishing boat is a 69 StarCraft with a 62 Evenrude Lark OB motor. You don't own stuff like this and not do the work yourself. It's just the way I'm built and programmed. If I had my way, I'd live in a 18th century hand hewn log shack and go outside to do my business. I hate complications.
So I naturally assume folks that own old stuff or even a modern HD that is old technology does their own work and not let rapists do it for them. Sorry.........
Chris, sorry to highjack your thread. I hope your Ultra is not too badly damaged and can be easily fixed. I broke a case once, but I hit the pavement at 65 MPH.

Old 08-08-2013 | 08:04 PM
turnerbend
Road Captain

Gunslinger,
you summed it up well. That's the way I see it........

Old 08-08-2013 | 08:07 PM
traildog
Seasoned HDF Member

I like Gunslinger......OH BOY, it's a GLOCK...........

CAKE!!!

Old 08-08-2013 | 08:09 PM
traildog
Seasoned HDF Member

I crack me up.....

Quick Reply: How bad could it be...join in the speculation!