EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Killer cycle CV carbs

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 12:08 PM
falconbrother
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking Killer cycle CV carbs

I have a 1988 FLHTC with the old butterfly carb. OK well, it had the old style carb which now resides at the bottom of a garbage can. I bought the Killer cycle performance tuned CV carb, intake, choke kit and Screaming Eagle air cleaner backplate and KN filter. The carb looks unbelievable.

I've got to trim down the throttle cable casings today and replace fuel lines. The vacuum to the VOES on the old carb was split and probably not working right. I'm really expecting a much better running bike when I'm done.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:12 PM
bluharley
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice looking carb! What did it cost ya?

Old 03-24-2013, 02:57 PM
jsbridgew
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dale does great work, doesn't he?... i've sent a few carbs to him over the years and have always been very pleased

Old 03-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts
Default Killer

Do you get back your own carb? I ask because mine has the provision for cruise.

Website address?

Last edited by Beemervet; 03-24-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:56 PM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,788 Likes on 891 Posts

Havn't never been any complaints on here, seems like jetting numbers are on the richer side but that is probaly to cover their butts on a lean condition. Let us know how the mpg's work out when on the road.

I did a CV with a polished throat and polished contoured slide, needle change with a lighter spring and worked out great on the White bike, some people feel the polishing on the Killer carb is a smoke and mirror show but you should be a happy camper.

Last edited by 1997bagger; 03-24-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Houses
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beemervet
Do you get back your own carb? I ask because mine has the provision for cruise.

Website address?
$295 plus shipping here. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-DAVID...-/270620924203
It mentions the possibility of providing you with the cruise carb.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:35 PM
falconbrother
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought the whole kit so it was like, $475.00 for everything. I needed the intake (which is used/remanufactured and looks brand new), an SE air cleaner that allows me to keep the round air box and the choke kit.. Which brings me to a question.

I got the cable casings trimmed down to fir the CV carb and I have it mounted on the bike. My carb doesnt have the choke cable mounted to the actual carb which is what I wanted because I want it on the left side of the bike. But, I cant figure out the best place to mount the ****. If I leave it behind the horn/VOES mount it will rub on the rear head. If I cross in front of the VOES and horn mount there's no place close by to mount the bloody thing. On the old Keihin carb the choke cable ran from the front side of the carb back across to the back side of the horn mount.

Anyone have any suggestions. The easiest thing to do is just come straight across in front of the rear cylinder. Maybe it doesnt hurt anything if the choke cable housing is touching the head?? Maybe I can use an electrical tie to pull it off of the head a couple of millimeters??

Old 03-24-2013, 07:39 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Some top motor mounts have a provision for the choke cable.............

Old 03-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Whitey1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That choke set up in the picture is cool. Will it work with fatbob tanks?

Old 03-25-2013, 08:13 AM
2006FLST
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have one on my softail. I was needing a rebuild kit and even a new diaphram for mine so it made sense. After sending in my old carb I was out 180 bucks. I would have spent close to this much just rebuilding mine. Best thing I put on my bike. This carb is FLAWLESS. I am not sure what all Dale does but mine runs a 51 int jet but I get about 47 MPG's with only an EV27 for motor work. I would have never thought a 51 would work but whatever he does makes it run good. He even told me to ignore the jets and just run it. I will say I cannot use the choke for more than just starting the bike. Once it fires after about 5 seconds I use the throttle lock. I can also say in about 2 years of riding I have had a carb cough twice. First time was on a cold day when I first rolled out of the drive way (I did not warm it up long enough). Second time was a few months ago. I had not riden the bike in about 3 weeks and it was very cold. I was also sure the gas was rather old so most likely some moisture or junk in the tank. Cold days, hot days, and even a day long ride of constant rain did nothing to cause a problem. So yes I love these carbs

Last edited by 2006FLST; 03-25-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Killer cycle CV carbs