EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Killer cycle CV carbs

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 09:18 AM
busterman2
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 1991 FLTC and the top motor mount has a slot for the enricher cable to fasten to. An area of my enricher cable does touch the head, no problem in 20 years. The slot is toward rear of motor mount. I have not seen a 1988 motor mount, but probably easy to make slot in yours.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:38 PM
falconbrother
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yea, I'm gonna rig up something today. The 1988 tank hangs way down on the sides so I dont think that the enricher (choke) attached to the top of the carb would work that well. Maybe but, doesn't matter. I like mine on the left so I can fool with it while I'm riding if I need to. I had an S&S on my Heritage and, or course, the choke was on the carb. I liked it except that I had to reach over with my left hand to turn it down or off. Hopefully I'll have it fired up today. It's cold and blowing snow right now so, no riding for me.

Once I get this done I need to get to my leaking fork seal. It's one thing after another with an old bike. Not a complaint necessarily. Just an observation.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

"If you don't ride 'em, they won't break".

My mechanic friend

Old 03-25-2013, 09:01 PM
falconbrother
Road Master

So, I got the choke **** mounted and thought it was the bees knees. Then I put the tank on and it was dead in front of the petcock.. Some days you're the bug. Some days you're the windshield.

By the way, they said use an inline fuel filter. This bike had one in the line that looked like it had been there for a few years. It was a cheap plastic job. I searched NAPA, Auto Zone and O'rileys. I found a plastic one at O'Riley's that I put in the line. I have one of the chrome and glass ones but, I was afraid the glass might break with all the HD power throbs.. The only place a filter will fit is between the cylinder heads over the intake.

Last edited by falconbrother; 03-25-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 836 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by falconbrother
So, I got the choke **** mounted and thought it was the bees knees. Then I put the tank on and it was dead in front of the petcock.. Some days you're the bug. Some days you're the windshield.

By the way, they said use an inline fuel filter. This bike had one in the line that looked like it had been there for a few years. It was a cheap plastic job. I searched NAPA, Auto Zone and O'rileys. I found a plastic one at O'Riley's that I put in the line. I have one of the chrome and glass ones but, I was afraid the glass might break with all the HD power throbs.. The only place a filter will fit is between the cylinder heads over the intake.
That is where mine sits too.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:43 PM
falconbrother
Road Master

OK, early reports in.. This frikkin carb is off the chain awesome. Huge difference in everything. It's like having a brand new motorcycle. All I had to adjust was the idle speed.

This is by far the best motorcycle performance money I have ever spent.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:00 PM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad you posted this info! Thanks.

Been considering making this change too. Heard about all the improvements and would like to upgrade mine. It's the $$$ that's got me stopped for now.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:13 AM
2006FLST
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OK, early reports in.. This frikkin carb is off the chain awesome. Huge difference in everything. It's like having a brand new motorcycle. All I had to adjust was the idle speed.

This is by far the best motorcycle performance money I have ever spent.
That is funny because idle speed is all I had to adjust. I have not touched mine for almost 2 years now since I got it. They are awesome. And when he sends you one they look just as advertised.

Attached Thumbnails Killer cycle CV carbs-dcp_2724.jpg   Killer cycle CV carbs-dcp_2725.jpg  
Old 03-28-2013, 08:40 PM
falconbrother
Road Master

JohnnyC, It looks like our bikes have the exact same gas tank. The CV carb rides a little higher than the butterfly. Dale sold me a used but, like new, SE backplate that uses the stock air cleaner cover. I had to bend the top of it a smidge to clear the tank. There's not much clearance there (maybe a 1/4 inch) but, it doesn't touch.

I took it out for a ride today and the power difference is nothing short of huge. It's a very big difference. My bike was pretty sluggish before. Now I'm hitting the rev limiter before I realize what's happened. It's very peppy now.

Now I gotta fix my darn leaking fork seal.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:52 AM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

JohnnyC, It looks like our bikes have the exact same gas tank. The CV carb rides a little higher than the butterfly. Dale sold me a used but, like new, SE backplate that uses the stock air cleaner cover. I had to bend the top of it a smidge to clear the tank. There's not much clearance there (maybe a 1/4 inch) but, it doesn't touch.
Thanks for the info.

Did you have to change over your throttle and cable?

How did you work out the choke adjuster?

I'm contemplating a new upgraded intake, seals and gaskets along with what ever else I'll need to convert my air filter in order to make this change.

I've seen the complete package conversions and the (costly) price. I'm hoping to work around changing my stock air filter design.

I took it out for a ride today and the power difference is nothing short of huge. It's a very big difference. My bike was pretty sluggish before. Now I'm hitting the rev limiter before I realize what's happened. It's very peppy now.
Fortunately my ride already came with a K&N free flow air filter and performance baffles. When I put on the Crane Ignition system it gave the bike real performance boost. Since I added the EV27 and re-jetted my stock carb I now have really great performance. I know I'll enjoy the boost this carb upgrade would give me.

I truly have to be careful when I hit the throttle, especially in second gear. It pulls so quickly it makes my head spin. I feel like the bike is going to take off without me ... lol