texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt
Veteran: Navy
Old 02-08-2013 | 07:20 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Originally Posted by greasemykey
the only reason im focusing on the carb is i opened the bowl and one of the stainless check ***** fell out. and i placed it back into a hole i thought it came out of because the other side had a tiny spring on it. im trying to find a rebuild manual and see what i can find. also there was some rubber parts that were dry rotted and should have been replaced. looks like it was part of the diaphram. either way i opened it and now it wont start on gas. i blame me for this.
Sounds like you need a rebuild kit for your carb.
It is probably a Super E

Old 02-08-2013 | 07:45 PM
greasemykey
|
Cruiser

here are my intake gaskets

Old 02-08-2013 | 07:48 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

here are my intake gaskets

Replace with new ones. Then tork to spec.

Old 02-08-2013 | 07:48 PM
greasemykey
|
Cruiser

yeah modesto harley said 41 bucks but they dont have any instock. im hoping i can get away with the intake gaskets. they are 8 bucks and they have them in stock.

on the bottom of the bowl there are 3 screws that hold a small plate on. under that is where i lost my *****.

Old 02-08-2013 | 07:52 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

yeah modesto harley said 41 bucks but they dont have any instock. im hoping i can get away with the intake gaskets. they are 8 bucks and they have them in stock.

on the bottom of the bowl there are 3 screws that hold a small plate on. under that is where i lost my *****.

Thanks for that man.
I just spewed my tea through my nose.

Personally I wouldn't admit by ***** fit in such a small place or that I had lost them there.

Old 02-08-2013 | 08:07 PM
greasemykey
|
Cruiser

your welcome. but tea? i thought all harley guys drank beer or moonshine and we were supposed to shoot and stab other non harley bikers?

and on another note. im married. my ***** were officially removed from my possession after i muttered the words "I DO". they were placed in a lock box only for use on special occasions that she deems ***** appropriate.

Old 02-08-2013 | 08:12 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

your welcome. but tea? i thought all harley guys drank beer or moonshine and we were supposed to shoot and stab other non harley bikers?

and on another note. im married. my ***** were officially removed from my possession after i muttered the words "I DO". they were placed in a lock box only for use on special occasions that she deems ***** appropriate.
Damn Man you are hillarious....

As for your intakes there is no reason to replace the brackets just the gaskets. In other words spend the 8 bucks but hang on to the $41.

Old 02-08-2013 | 08:14 PM
greasemykey
|
Cruiser

yeah i figured i would wait until the intake gaskets fail to get her running. was hoping to be done with this nightmare but then again 17 years sitting in a barn. im still amazed i havent shot mouse turds out my exhaust yet. im positive this things is camed. it just sounds mean on ether. i want to ride this thing this weekend.

Old 02-08-2013 | 08:16 PM
greasemykey
|
Cruiser

the 41 was for the s&s super e rebuilt kit. is the torque spec on the intake bolts shegoodintight?

Quick Reply: starting issues