EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Why are hard bags so expensive and hard to find?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012 | 11:07 AM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member

I have a full day ahead of me today, but will post pics when I get back home. We can do paypal if you like.

Old 10-31-2012 | 11:09 AM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by grbrown
We have threads in here about fitting later bags, which involves relocating the battery under the seat. Between us we have done that various ways, but it is not a quick and simple job.
This is why I'm willing to deal, I'm ready to do the late model bags on Ester, all the parts for the convertion are in the garage.

Old 10-31-2012 | 06:02 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member

Pics of my bags, not in to bad of shape for 23 years old. A little work and paint and there like new.

Old 11-01-2012 | 06:16 PM
Contrails
Advanced

Sorry, was busy yesterday and didnt get a chance to snap some pics.

Here they are. The photos dont show it very well, but there are some light scratches on the bags. I think I got to close to some bushes and they drug the paint. That flat black is a b*&$# to keep perfect.

I have the mounting hard wear too (supports underneath), as well as the bag guards and the ultraglide style guards too. I'll throw all that in for an extra 25 if ya want.

Old 11-02-2012 | 02:33 AM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Contrails
Sorry, was busy yesterday and didnt get a chance to snap some pics.

Here they are. The photos dont show it very well, but there are some light scratches on the bags. I think I got to close to some bushes and they drug the paint. That flat black is a b*&$# to keep perfect.

I have the mounting hard wear too (supports underneath), as well as the bag guards and the ultraglide style guards too. I'll throw all that in for an extra 25 if ya want.
PM sent

Old 11-02-2012 | 09:04 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Shootemdownace
Looking for a decent set for my 90 flh but they are CRAZY EXPENSIVE and hard to find!!!! Why? No one makes an inexpensive aftermarket set? $300 or better for used? Why? Supply and demand I guess?
A member on this site ( I believe his name is "riteway" ) had a nice set of the early bags for sale for quite a while ... I don't remember what he was asking for them ... I don't remember him selling them ... You might want to give him a shout and see if he still has them ... Hope this helps Brother!

Old 11-02-2012 | 09:21 AM
1984_FXRT
Road Captain

Damn you guys - because of this thread, I just put in a bid on a set of early FL saddlebags (front hinged) that I'm going to try to mount on my FXRT. The clamshell bags look good, but, they're crap for keeping the weather outside.

Old 11-02-2012 | 12:40 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by 1984_FXRT
Damn you guys - because of this thread, I just put in a bid on a set of early FL saddlebags (front hinged) that I'm going to try to mount on my FXRT. The clamshell bags look good, but, they're crap for keeping the weather outside.
I think that shootem has a set of early bags, that he was going to sell.

Old 11-03-2012 | 03:07 PM
Shootemdownace
|
Advanced

I am looking. Riteway did pm me but a bit out of my price range $400+ I think. Some one had a set for $150 on here I thought. If you could pm me that would be great!

Old 11-03-2012 | 03:08 PM
Shootemdownace
|
Advanced

Sorry it was mountain maybe?

Quick Reply: Why are hard bags so expensive and hard to find?