EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Re-manned Engine is back!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012 | 05:31 PM
D1gger
|
Road Captain
Default Re-manned Engine is back!

This is a new chapter in the story of my engine adventure that started with THIS THREAD.

Almost exactly 1 month after I dropped it off to the dealer, I just went tonight and picked up my freshly re-manned engine and brought it home. I opted for the "Silver and Polished" trim option, mainly because it sounded nice and shiny and also because it was the least expensive option.

The service manager told me that they just got a new, official bulletin from MoCo addressing the warranty. Apparently now the warranty is officially still in force even when the re-man engine is sold "over the counter", as it was in my case, and the only change is that it wont cover labor. So I do officially have a warranty on this engine! That was very welcome news.

Also for anyone else thinking of going this route; The shipping is actually included in the website-quoted re-man engine price. So you end up paying just the advertised price plus sales tax. That was more welcome news!

I brought it home and with a little help, got the engine mounted into the frame. I don't have the time tonight to work on it more since I go in to work soon. I can already see the need for a front mudflap to keep the tire from throwing road grime and such on to the front of this very bright and shiny engine!

Here it is waiting to be loaded into my truck:

Old 05-23-2012 | 05:52 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt
Veteran: Navy

If you were thinking about changing the cam and cam bearing I would do it now.

Old 05-23-2012 | 06:05 PM
D1gger
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by texashillcountry
If you were thinking about changing the cam and cam bearing I would do it now.
I really wasn't thinking about changing the cam or cam bearing. It should already have a fresh stock cam and bearing in there now. Stock, true, but that's all I'm after. Surely they wouldn't do the re-man with the known-faulty older bearing...

Old 05-23-2012 | 06:09 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member

I'd leave the cam and cam bearing in place until the warranty is up. No sense giving the MoCo ammunition to deny a claim.

They WILL use the INA cam bearing in the remanned motor, because Harley believes there's nothing wrong with it.

Old 05-23-2012 | 06:12 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member

I think your going to be very happy with your new stock motor. What was the end cost to your door?

Old 05-23-2012 | 06:18 PM
D1gger
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RidemyEVO
I think your going to be very happy with your new stock motor. What was the end cost to your door?
$2644.70($2495 plus 6% state sales tax)

Old 05-23-2012 | 07:15 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member

If you keep the motor stock the INA bearing will go for ages and ages, they tend to give trouble when the motor is tweaked....I have seen them do a lot of miles...

Old 05-23-2012 | 07:37 PM
badcooky
Banned

Good stuff man.

Old 05-24-2012 | 12:14 PM
notlost_nc
Road Master

that looks nice. Do you get the bottom breather or head breathers with a reman Evo ?

Old 05-24-2012 | 12:56 PM
2006FLST
Road Master

Originally Posted by D1gger
You know what I love about this pic. That tiny pic of the TC103 derby cover showing in the back ground. But the EVO clearly overshadows it.

Quick Reply: Re-manned Engine is back!