EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Re-manned Engine is back!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012 | 08:59 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member

congratulations, I am very happy for you!

Old 05-28-2012 | 09:28 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt
Veteran: Navy

Congrats it sounds like it all went well. I can't believe you didn't take it out for at least a short ride.

Old 05-29-2012 | 12:16 AM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member

Does your bike have a clutch cut-out switch??

BTW.....forget about heat cycles and running in....ride it and give it some quick WOT now and again and the rings will bed in real quick.

Old 05-30-2012 | 09:09 AM
D1gger
|
Road Captain

No cut out that I know of...

I got home from work yesterday morning exhausted and lay down for a while. When I woke up around 10 hours later, it was already dark out and raining pretty hard. Today I just got home and am going to lay down, but I am off tonight, so I am setting my alarm to get me up in time to do some riding today, knock out the first 50 mile break in. I am following the break-in suggestion in the owner's manual. I figure if I need the warranty, it can't hurt to say I followed the Harley recommended procedure, right?

Old 05-30-2012 | 04:26 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member

I was just wondering why your Mrs had to hold the clutch in while you started it?

Old 05-30-2012 | 04:55 PM
D1gger
|
Road Captain

She didn't have to, I just wanted to give her a task to get her hand on the bike for the first firing. Sort of a shared energy/superstitious kind of thing, you know?

I just got back from the first 50 miles of the break in. I had a slightly loose hose clamp and had to adjust the idle a couple times to get it just right. I also seem to have a slight weep from the starter shaft seal on the inner primary housing. Otherwise everything else looks perfect.

It runs like I would expect a new engine to run. I seem to have similar power to before if not slightly better and smooth. I don't hear the valves or any odd noises now. I am extremely happy!

Old 05-30-2012 | 06:34 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member

sounds like a job well done. Time to crack open a cold one and celebrate!

Old 05-30-2012 | 10:13 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member

Sounds rad. Case breathers unite. This is te way I am going to go when my motor goes. Well **** I will probably rebuild it. Depends.

Old 05-30-2012 | 10:17 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by D1gger
She didn't have to, I just wanted to give her a task to get her hand on the bike for the first firing. Sort of a shared energy/superstitious kind of thing, you know?

God-darned hippy!!!!

Wouldn't let my Mrs anywhere near a new motor

Old 06-01-2012 | 03:51 PM
D1gger
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Spanners39
God-darned hippy!!!!

Wouldn't let my Mrs anywhere near a new motor
Awww, come on! Where's the love, man? LOL!

Actually I owe her a lot. I probably wouldn't even be riding again if it weren't for her encouragement. Now it has become such a big part of our life together that we are planning on taking the bike to Shenandoah National Park to get married in just over a week from now.

We have over 200 miles on the reman now and I still couldn't be happier. It's like a brand new bike, but without the new-bike debugging issues. The only thing missing from it that I would want is ABS, but since I've never had it on a bike before, I figure I can live without it.

I'd be out putting more miles on it today, but it's raining with tornado watches in the area. I think I'll wait till tomorrow! LOL!

Quick Reply: Re-manned Engine is back!