EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Re-manned Engine is back!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012 | 03:48 PM
D1gger
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by notlost_nc
that looks nice. Do you get the bottom breather or head breathers with a reman Evo ?
At least in this case I think bottom breather? Not too sure as I am not that familiar with the nuances of different versions. I know there is a separate breather/drain hose pointing straight down from the back of the case, between the engine and tranny...

Old 05-24-2012 | 04:07 PM
aaamax
Road Captain

I'd want that in my living room.

Old 05-24-2012 | 07:40 PM
D1gger
|
Road Captain

Been tinkering in the garage a little this evening and snapped a few pics. For those not interested in a play-by-play, you may not like where this thread is going... LOL!

Engine is back in the frame. Lower stabilizer, voltage regulator, timing cup and new oil filter are all back on, oil lines hooked back up.

The old timing cover had some small spots of rust and corrosion on it and looked really bad on the bright new engine. So I painted it gloss black to contrast. Looks much better this way!

After dinner I think I am going to work on the primary for a while. I am really liking the brightness of the new engine, and hating how it makes everything else around it look old, ratty and cruddy even when cleaned...

Old 05-24-2012 | 07:56 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by D1gger
Been tinkering in the garage a little this evening and snapped a few pics. For those not interested in a play-by-play, you may not like where this thread is going... LOL!

Engine is back in the frame. Lower stabilizer, voltage regulator, timing cup and new oil filter are all back on, oil lines hooked back up.

The old timing cover had some small spots of rust and corrosion on it and looked really bad on the bright new engine. So I painted it gloss black to contrast. Looks much better this way!

After dinner I think I am going to work on the primary for a while. I am really liking the brightness of the new engine, and hating how it makes everything else around it look old, ratty and cruddy even when cleaned...

That is the problem, isn't it? Seriously, I'm loving this thread. I had my engine remanned by the factory back in 2001, and I'm still enjoying the ride. I'm sure you will too.

Old 05-24-2012 | 07:57 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member

Nrxt time I'm going with the natural finished engine. I've never really cared for the "black and chrome" look.

Old 05-24-2012 | 09:35 PM
badcooky
Banned

Yea it's a series one Evo, the only Evo to have kids.
The first, original Evo.

Old 05-24-2012 | 09:44 PM
springer3
Tourer

looks killer take your time and check everything twice..Keep pic up to date!!

Old 05-24-2012 | 09:48 PM
nwbikerid
Cruiser

Sweet!

Old 05-24-2012 | 10:22 PM
D1gger
|
Road Captain

No more pics tonight, but I got a little more work done before my other half chased me out of the garage. The stator, rotor, inner primary housing and starter shaft are back in/on. I'll grab pics of the progress tomorrow before I start in again. Fresh seal on the clutch shaft and fresh O-ring on the engine-to-primary joint. High temp sealer on the voltage regulator jack where it comes through the case. Fresh screws on the stator with factory applied lock-tite. Fresh locking washers on the starter shaft bolt and the interior primary bolts. I have a fresh primary gasket when I close up the primary case, too. It's coming along...

Old 05-25-2012 | 12:10 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member

This has gotta be getting exciting for you.

Quick Reply: Re-manned Engine is back!