EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Do you hate Harley, sort of?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 05:27 AM
aaamax
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks like the mid-west has better reps than on the coasts...

Old 05-06-2012, 05:33 AM
aaamax
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

A funny thing here in Sweden is that the dealerships that got Harley franchises were dealerships that sold other brands as well (small country and not enough buyers to enable single brand dealerships, goes for cars too) Never the less, Harley forced them to build separate buildings to house their wares because no Harley can be sold next to another brand... "are you ready to step up to a Harley?" well are you... punk.... lol.

The following users liked this post:
Chasingdrakes (02-18-2024)
Old 05-06-2012, 07:56 AM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,795 Likes on 893 Posts

Mplecha,

Speaking of images, that avatar makes a person say WTF!

Old 05-06-2012, 08:11 AM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

H-D today is a money-making business. Selling the "image" is part of that business. Not that long ago H-D was hanging by a thread for nearly 20-years (1969-1987) and almost went bankrupt at least twice.

Times have changed drastically. Today one can bend the "image" in every direction possible!

Old 05-06-2012, 09:16 AM
watindes
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer was great, I bought my bike at one and buy my parts/accessories at one closer to my house. The one I bought my bike off of has trailered my bike back twice for warranty service (only a 90 day warranty but it has been back twice, kinda sketchy buts its an old HOG). The parts people here at the closer dealer REALLY know their older stuff, happy with Harley so far.
However, I needed some hardware mounted on my replacment bag lid, one dealer wanted $190 and the one I bought the bike form wanted about $80, DONT KNOW WHY!

Old 05-06-2012, 09:40 AM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FXD_One
Free beer!

Damn we get dent over a rail up here in the north, I have never seen that here.
Yep, free beer. Here's a link to a recent event.
http://enews.adtrak360.com/q/RlKtRD8...WZAwQD5gEuEwki

This was a good one, huge crowd, lots of scooters to look at (in the show and the parking lot). The burgers were good and the beer was cold.

Myers Duren is a great dealer, I think they are the 2nd oldest HD dealer in the world.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Doug S
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Nevermind....sad..

Last edited by Doug S; 05-06-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:34 AM
frankenwick
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm.. yet another reason for me to appreciate my small-town midwest dealership... Funny, back when I had my Hondas (our local HD Dealership is also a Honda service place) they never gave me the time of day... since I got my used Street Bob (from an individual and NOT their dealership) I'm all of a sudden one of their favorite customers and they even know me by name. I don't know if it's because they're lazy, but anytime I walk around and gawk at the new bikes, the only thing anyone has ever said to me is "You can sit on that one if you like".
Now, the other day when I walked into one of the Tulsa places, well, they were all over me asking if I rode, and WHAT I rode and blah blah blah. Of course, they have their competition on the other side of town and the OL and I pulled up in our cage cuz we had friends in town to carpool with. I'm sure it varies from dealership to dealership.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Gunslingertom
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm confused about the image. What image are they trying to project that offends you guys? I see freedom and tradition as the image they're trying to project. Maybe I'm stuck in days gone by and don't pay attention anymore.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Jclind1966
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my Harley I don't like the fact that the local dealer thinks the the parts in they sell are dipped in gold $20 for a $4 flasher relay? I guess it's true what they say about Harley dealers. HD stands for hundred dollars just to walk through the door.

Quick Reply: Do you hate Harley, sort of?