EVO All Evo Model Discussion

So, the bike starts running like a$$....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 01:34 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Thanks guys. Yeah, its a done deal with Dale and Killer Motorcycle Products. I just spoke with him again and he's giving me a final price for the carb as I need it. I wanted his custom choke setup as well as the chrome carb top. So much to my suprise, I am not going with the "Super E" I was so sure would be the best choice. After seeing all the stuff he does to this carb, I just felt it was the best choice. I'll certainly post up my results as well, but it seems like I won't be the only board member doing the same thing.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:39 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I was going to go with the custom choke but thought I didn't have the room for it pulling up toward the tank.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:59 PM
FXD_One
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My carb from Dale arrived last week, I ended up getting the custom idle screw with it. I was considering the choke mount but thought it would be harder to get at then the stock setup.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:48 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

Well, I guess there are more of Dales customers here than I thought. Thats a good thing. He just confirmed I'm now on the list for a carb and will send me updates as its built and shipped. I hate being down a long time but as they say...... $hit happen. I'm really excited now for this thing to show up!!!

Old 03-12-2012, 09:16 AM
2006FLST
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had an S&S on another EVO and loved it. Easy to work on and even the breather is cool. But one thing was the fuel mileage. I am sure others may be getting good mileage but I am getting about 42-46 with Dale's set up. And the S&S was not close to that. Just my 2 cents really. They are both great carbs but so far Dale's set up gets the nod from me. I honestly bolted this sucker on and the only thing I did was slightly tweak the idle speed. That is it. And even that would have been okay.

Attached Thumbnails So, the bike starts running like a$$....-dcp_2724.jpg   So, the bike starts running like a$$....-dcp_2725.jpg  
Old 03-12-2012, 10:39 AM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,361 Likes on 1,953 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006FLST
I had an S&S on another EVO and loved it. Easy to work on and even the breather is cool. But one thing was the fuel mileage. I am sure others may be getting good mileage but I am getting about 42-46 with Dale's set up. And the S&S was not close to that. Just my 2 cents really. They are both great carbs but so far Dale's set up gets the nod from me. I honestly bolted this sucker on and the only thing I did was slightly tweak the idle speed. That is it. And even that would have been okay.
I get 39-45 out of my S&S depending on how I ride.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:59 AM
2006FLST
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by texashillcountry
I get 39-45 out of my S&S depending on how I ride.
I think my problem was my riding. Back then the guys I rode with all had big inch motors and I was always opening it up just to keep up. Like I said it was a great carb.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:25 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

My last S and S was a Super B. Freaking outstanding carb . I had it on my Shovel. My guess was that because they have no accelerator pump like the E, they use far less fuel, because I was always in the high 40's. The thought of going to an E was just because they seem to work well and people like them. But that B was one simple carb, easy to dial in and spectaculer MPG for an ancient design.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:27 PM
nuttysquirrel
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does everyone on this forum worship ebay? isnt there any REAL BIKERS anymore that go to real bike shops? i guess not. support your local bike shop!

Old 03-12-2012, 04:08 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nuttysquirrel
does everyone on this forum worship ebay? isnt there any REAL BIKERS anymore that go to real bike shops? i guess not. support your local bike shop!
I had some of my customers get stuff off of E-Bay and when they found out it was junk and wouldn't work they ended up getting what they needed from us and had to send the stuff back and hope to get a refund. Support your local competent indy!!!

Quick Reply: So, the bike starts running like a$$....