EVO All Evo Model Discussion

King Spoke (Fat Spoke) Wheels by Ultima

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 11:24 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by texashillcountry
Thanks man. I think I can see a set in my future.
Originally Posted by 1997bagger
Yep, all ready purchased a leftover 150 Venom WWW and found both Venom and Cobra in the 19" WWW
Very cool guys, I'll look forward to seeing pics if it all comes together.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:34 AM
ppilotmike
Road Captain
Received 106 Likes on 57 Posts

Bike looks **** Rich, I still tell people about the time we were rid'in on old women springs and your tranny locked up at speed, good times, take easy bro. Mike

Old 09-21-2012, 10:58 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ppilotmike
Bike looks **** Rich, I still tell people about the time we were rid'in on old women springs and your tranny locked up at speed, good times, take easy bro. Mike
Yeah buddy, that was a white-knuckle ride fore sure. I've still never seen another skid mark that long. Great to hear from you Bro! I'm digging the flames you added to your ride.

Ride safe bud Name:  thumbsup.gif
Views: 1820
Size:  139 Bytes

Old 09-25-2012, 11:28 AM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,791 Likes on 892 Posts

Did more research and nobody seems to carry a 19" front wheel as advertised on Ultima website but plenty of 16's that are dual rotor that SHOULD fit a RK but not in stone. Rears are advertised as fitting Evo softails but Jireh couldn't confirm fitting a RK. 2 threads running on softail to bagger wheels and not much success, anybody have info on the rear Ultima King spoke fitting a RK.

I have a sandblaster and know how to paint urethanes if comes down to painting the OEM rim black as not much of it is viewable so I have a backup plan but a new 5 1/2 wheel would be sweet for the 150. So I guess I'm trying to say I need some help with info guys!

Old 09-25-2012, 12:19 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member

Did more research and nobody seems to carry a 19" front wheel as advertised on Ultima website but plenty of 16's that are dual rotor that SHOULD fit a RK but not in stone. Rears are advertised as fitting Evo softails but Jireh couldn't confirm fitting a RK. 2 threads running on softail to bagger wheels and not much success, anybody have info on the rear Ultima King spoke fitting a RK.

I have a sandblaster and know how to paint urethanes if comes down to painting the OEM rim black as not much of it is viewable so I have a backup plan but a new 5 1/2 wheel would be sweet for the 150. So I guess I'm trying to say I need some help with info guys!
Jireh of course "carries" all the wheels, they're owned by Ultima. Did they say the 19s were back ordered? If so did you check eBay? Are you also looking for a 5.5" x 16? Sorry, but I'm having a difficult time trying to understand what you wrote. I can't help you with fitment on the RK. But that's even more confusing when you mention the 5 1/2 wheel for the 150.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:18 PM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by PanHeadRich
Jireh of course "carries" all the wheels, they're owned by Ultima. Did they say the 19s were back ordered? If so did you check eBay? Are you also looking for a 5.5" x 16? Sorry, but I'm having a difficult time trying to understand what you wrote. I can't help you with fitment on the RK. But that's even more confusing when you mention the 5 1/2 wheel for the 150.[/QUOTE
Ultima offers a rear 16 x 5.5 which will spread out the 150 Avon tire but only lists the wheel as Softail Evo era in one add and Evo years in others with no desinated model, Jireh had the rear 16 x 5.5 in stock but don't know if the King Spoke brake rotor mount will work on the RK.

The 19" wheel for a front dual rotor design is listed in Ultima and Jireh sales info, spoke to Jireh and another large retailer that sells the King Spokes and both said they didn't know when they will receive the 19" part number I gave them. I just received a notice from 1 year ago on a intake back ordered from Jireh so not going to go there with a order, also checked Ebay deeply for black and chrome, did my homework and not looking good

Old 09-25-2012, 10:30 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member

[quote=1997bagger;10373982]

Ultima offers a rear 16 x 5.5 which will spread out the 150 Avon tire but only lists the wheel as Softail Evo era in one add and Evo years in others with no desinated model, Jireh had the rear 16 x 5.5 in stock but don't know if the King Spoke brake rotor mount will work on the RK.

The 19" wheel for a front dual rotor design is listed in Ultima and Jireh sales info, spoke to Jireh and another large retailer that sells the King Spokes and both said they didn't know when they will receive the 19" part number I gave them. I just received a notice from 1 year ago on a intake back ordered from Jireh so not going to go there with a order, also checked Ebay deeply for black and chrome, did my homework and not looking good
Got it bud. I kinda thought that's what you were talking about, but I questioned the 16 x 5.5 because of fitment. Can that really clear your fender & belt? That would be 1.25" wider on each side.

As far as rear wheel fitment, I always thought all EVO rear wheels, pulley & rotors were interchangeable from 86 thru 99. Hopefully somebody can confirm this?

Regarding the 19" being on back order, I'd get that ordered with Jireh a.s.a.p. if I were you. They'll be the first to have it in stock and they don't require a deposit or anything. If you find one elsewhere, you can just cancel your order. Plus winter's coming up, hopefully they'll have them available before Spring.

When I bought the rear 16" last October the front 16" was back ordered. I ordered it anyway and fortunately they emailed me in February telling me it was in stock. Just in time to finish my bike the beginning of March.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:06 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey 1997bagger, let's compare how our current wheel, pulley & rotor measure up. If it's the same on both of our bike, that would indicate correct fitment for your bike.

I just ran a tape measure through the spokes, measuring from the inside edge of the pulley to the inside edge of the rotor and I have 5 7/8". If yours measures the same fitment shouldn't be a problem. The only issue might be shimming the wheel to the right or left a bit.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:06 PM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by PanHeadRich
Hey 1997bagger, let's compare how our current wheel, pulley & rotor measure up. If it's the same on both of our bike, that would indicate correct fitment for your bike.

I just ran a tape measure through the spokes, measuring from the inside edge of the pulley to the inside edge of the rotor and I have 5 7/8". If yours measures the same fitment shouldn't be a problem. The only issue might be shimming the wheel to the right or left a bit.
Inside edge to inside edge is 6 1/4", the center guide for the large cast iron rotor is roughly 3" in width and the rotor is a funky star shape that centers on the guide. I believe the difference is the rotor mount which HGM has been researching on another thread. listing an adapter that may work on the Ultima and the FLH rotor

On the worn 150 that is currently on the bike is 6 3/4" wide at the tread area and shouldn't be affected by a wider wheel with 5.5 at the bead area, no room to play with but don't see any problems with brake caliper area either

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/bi...&mc=AFF-NET-CC

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-FLT-B...sories&vxp=mtr

Old 09-27-2012, 11:54 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member

Inside edge to inside edge is 6 1/4", the center guide for the large cast iron rotor is roughly 3" in width and the rotor is a funky star shape that centers on the guide. I believe the difference is the rotor mount which HGM has been researching on another thread. listing an adapter that may work on the Ultima and the FLH rotor
Ok, so there is a difference in hub dimensions. But it sounds like you found some possibilities that will hopefully work. When I was ordering my wheels from Jireh I was skeptical about fitment as well. They told me that as long as I returned the wheel in perfect condition, that they would fully refund me. You might ask to see if they'll offer you the same. Hopefully it can work out for you, and maybe we'll see updated pics of your ride in the near future.

Quick Reply: King Spoke (Fat Spoke) Wheels by Ultima