EVO All Evo Model Discussion

King Spoke (Fat Spoke) Wheels by Ultima

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 12:16 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by ILLEGAL REGAL
Supposedly first week or 2 of July will bring their 23" fat spoke. I think I'm going that route with a 4* hhi tree
That's gonna look killer on your ride. Please post some pics here when you get it done

Originally Posted by roxy1
over 1000 miles on wheels with no leaks or problems very happy with them.
Very cool Roxi, I'm pushing 3500 miles and everything's perfect Name:  thumbsup.gif
Views: 3145
Size:  139 Bytes

Old 07-22-2012, 11:13 PM
Mark_H
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Were those wheels no fuss bolt on or did you need any spacers? Thats going to be my next mod and I have been putting it off because the look I really like is the DNA Mammoth but from what I've been hearing the product is crap and the customer service is worse.

Was searching for other options tonight and came across this thread. Didn't even know Ultima made wheels. Pretty funny cause I have an Ultima 113 on 97 flsts. Anyway, you still happy with them?

Old 07-23-2012, 01:05 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mark_H
Were those wheels no fuss bolt on or did you need any spacers? Thats going to be my next mod and I have been putting it off because the look I really like is the DNA Mammoth but from what I've been hearing the product is crap and the customer service is worse.

Was searching for other options tonight and came across this thread. Didn't even know Ultima made wheels. Pretty funny cause I have an Ultima 113 on 97 flsts. Anyway, you still happy with them?
Yeah Mark, I couldn't be more pleased with them. I have over 4000 miles on them now and they're running perfect. They were technically a direct fit. The front was perfect with no issues. I later noticed that although my belt tracked perfectly on the rear pulley, the rear tire wasn't aligned perfectly with the fender. So I shifted the wheel 1/16" to the left and it's now perfectly aligned. I just cut 1/16" off the left stock spacer, then put that 1/16" cut-off onto the right side and it's perfect. IMO, at 1/3 the price of Ride Wright's and half the price of DNA's, the Ultima King Spokes are an incredible bargain

Old 07-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Mark_H
Road Master

Originally Posted by PanHeadRich
Yeah Mark, I couldn't be more pleased with them. I have over 4000 miles on them now and they're running perfect. They were technically a direct fit. The front was perfect with no issues. I later noticed that although my belt tracked perfectly on the rear pulley, the rear tire wasn't aligned perfectly with the fender. So I shifted the wheel 1/16" to the left and it's now perfectly aligned. I just cut 1/16" off the left stock spacer, then put that 1/16" cut-off onto the right side and it's perfect. IMO, at 1/3 the price of Ride Wright's and half the price of DNA's, the Ultima King Spokes are an incredible bargain
Yep! thats what I'm thinking too. I'm real impressed with everything I bought made by Ultima so far so I'm thinking I'll stick with them. Think I'm gonna wait till the snow starts flying and do it then. I puss out in the winter and switch to my geezer glide with the fairing. Guess I'm getting old.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:19 PM
tazzzman
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beeeeeautiful!!!!! I've been thinkin' of fatspokes for my Fatboy, but I have Revtech customs and it's hard to justify another set. Your bike is smokin' and the wheels really finish it off!!! Nice build!

Old 07-25-2012, 08:23 PM
NJRK
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking wheels and great looking bike. I'd be interested to see how they hold up. Enjoy the bike and the stares!

Old 08-06-2012, 02:19 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Anyone have any pics of these on a softail custom? Curious to see how they look.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:24 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by tazzzman
Beeeeeautiful!!!!! I've been thinkin' of fatspokes for my Fatboy, but I have Revtech customs and it's hard to justify another set. Your bike is smokin' and the wheels really finish it off!!! Nice build!
Originally Posted by NJRK
Nice looking wheels and great looking bike. I'd be interested to see how they hold up. Enjoy the bike and the stares!
Thanks for the kudos guys. The wheels couldn't be working out better. I'm thoroughly impressed with their quality. They ride perfect and I'm pushing 5000 mile on them so far. There's been no air loss, no loose spokes, and the bearing have been checking out perfectly.

Originally Posted by ghoticov
Anyone have any pics of these on a softail custom? Curious to see how they look.
You know these wheels are for EVO's right? They're not making them for the Twin Cams quite yet. Just thought I'd mention that in case you're considering them for you 2007.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:27 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Got my King Spoke on yesterday.. Rich, do you a have picture direct on from the front. Mine seems a little shifted to the right.. Some of it is the fender.... And I know I have to shim the caliper a bit.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:39 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hspring03
Got my King Spoke on yesterday.. Rich, do you a have picture direct on from the front. Mine seems a little shifted to the right.. Some of it is the fender.... And I know I have to shim the caliper a bit.
Man, that looks awesome! I'll take some pics this afternoon and post them here. Mine was a direct bolt-on using all stock spaces. I didn't have to shim the caliper either. I'm sure they're using the same hub for the 16" & 21", so I would expect it to be direct bolt-on for you as well.

Maybe it is just fender alignment. They're far from precision made, that's for certain. Being that I replace my front fender rather than repainting the original, I fitted it prior to painting. The brackets were uneven right out of the box and required a bit of tweaking. But that was tweaked & fitted to the stock wheel and didn't require any further adjustments to accommodate the King Spoke.

But I'll get some pics up later today.
================================================== =========================================

Here you go hspring03. That's the best I understood of the pics you were asking for. If you need any others just let me know.

Name:  P9160005.jpg
Views: 3228
Size:  165.8 KB

Name:  P9160004.jpg
Views: 3263
Size:  171.3 KB

Name:  P9160003.jpg
Views: 3222
Size:  153.7 KB

Name:  P9160002.jpg
Views: 3198
Size:  148.9 KB

Name:  P9160001.jpg
Views: 3227
Size:  163.6 KB

Last edited by PanHeadRich; 09-16-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Quick Reply: King Spoke (Fat Spoke) Wheels by Ultima