EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Seat recommendations ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 12:03 PM
HarleyGyrene
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Seat recommendations ?

I like the look and feel of my stock '97 FLSTC seat, but after a few days in the saddle, it starts feeling a little "hard". I find myself setting back and up on the rear section. Anyone found a better touring seat ? Want to stay with the solo style, but one that would be wider and allow to sit a little deeper or further back...

Let me know what you liked and more importantly those you DIDN'T like before I drop a bunch of cash.

Thanks...

Old 03-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Jethro
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ordered it before last summer... SADDLEMAN. I had the original FXSTC too. Sucked. 4200 miles, can't recommend it enough.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:26 PM
pigbike
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been looking at new seats too. I think i have it narrowed down to a Mustang touring seat for my 90 Ultra. They make the same solo seat also. The other option is having a new custom seat made from the old seat pan.

Back when I rode A Harley 8 hrs a day 5 days a week the bike had a police solo seat that was comfortable.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:47 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I put on a new Mustang last summer and can;t really say it was much different from my old seat other maybe a bit firmer.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:55 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by RidemyEVO
I put on a new Mustang last summer and can;t really say it was much different from my old seat other maybe a bit firmer.
Yeah I found the same deal with my wide super solo Tourer. It took 500-600 miles before it started to feel somewhat comfortable. As subjective as seats are, I'm of the mind if it starts out hard its pretty much going to stay that way. The backrrdt is the beet ive ever had in comfort, adjustment and fit. I don't dislike it enough to be considering a remodel with MCC althuogh ive had the idea on a backburner.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:13 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Check out Mean City Cycles. I had them rework my '95 FLHTC and my wifes '06 Dyna because she has a bad back after an auto acident. We also reccomend them to all of our customers with a 99% satisfaction ratio. The 1% that didn't like it sent it back, they re-did it for free and he was happy. I can't reccomend them enough. Almost forgot they are a forum sponsor too!!! Hope this helps.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:13 AM
V-Twins & Bowties
Road Warrior
Received 507 Likes on 279 Posts

Try Bead Rider seat cover. They worked for me and you put them on and off. Best thing is they won't break the bank.

Last edited by V-Twins & Bowties; 03-04-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:31 AM
HarleyGyrene
Road Master

Originally Posted by RidemyEVO
Yeah, that's the impression I get from reading a lot of posts about Mustang seats.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:32 AM
HarleyGyrene
Road Master

Hmmm.... forgot about police solos. I think I might even have one stashed up in the rafters. Would have to rework the mounts, but might be worth trying.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:09 PM
rivercityslim
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

+1 on Mean City Cycles. They redid my stock seat and both the old lady and I have been very pleased with the result. They can take any seat and make it better.

Quick Reply: Seat recommendations ?