Beyond the Law...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 07:33 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,550 Likes on 22,688 Posts

I had a 99 FXSTC.
Loved it!!
Bought it from a J-Rene from Diamond Head HI..
Color was Diamond Ice..
Cool F-In Ride..

Old 02-09-2012, 05:05 AM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Went throught the paint thing last year and I took the wild side and stayed black with same stripping. And to tell you the truth it was probably the original paint that made me want it in the first place.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:46 AM
jimjam31
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm all about the doing what I like mentality. I guess my question should have been, is it cool to immitate a bike that was in a movie and known by many people? There's no way I'd go buy a bike and build it out like Peter Fonda's bike in Easy Rider ya know. Guess I'm just apprehensive about building something that looks to much like a recreation of a movie bike.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:48 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jimjam31
I'm all about the doing what I like mentality. I guess my question should have been, is it cool to immitate a bike that was in a movie and known by many people?
That's as difficult a question to answer as your first one!

Old 02-09-2012, 10:48 AM
dwatkins
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bike is a special ordered two toned candy green from 94. A lot of people say I should paint it a different color but like stated before. I seen it at the shop absolutely loved the color and was a good factor in why I bought it besides it is a evo... Paint it to your likes and everybody else can just deal with it. Just in my case don't scratch it...

Old 02-09-2012, 11:43 AM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,361 Likes on 1,953 Posts

Originally Posted by jimjam31
I'm all about the doing what I like mentality. I guess my question should have been, is it cool to immitate a bike that was in a movie and known by many people? There's no way I'd go buy a bike and build it out like Peter Fonda's bike in Easy Rider ya know. Guess I'm just apprehensive about building something that looks to much like a recreation of a movie bike.

I know what you mean. For a long time now I have wanted to build the bike in Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man.

On one hand it looks cool as hell. On the other hand I am just copying someone elses work. (which ain't real cool in my opinion)

Old 02-09-2012, 01:09 PM
2006FLST
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by texashillcountry
I know what you mean. For a long time now I have wanted to build the bike in Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man.

On one hand it looks cool as hell. On the other hand I am just copying someone elses work. (which ain't real cool in my opinion)
I had the same idea and I love that bike (as you can see in my avatar). However I also hate the idea of copying. But you got to admit a raked out FXR with rigid struts is just too cool. Plus 90% of the riding crowd today will not even know that movie let alone what an FXR is.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:20 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,361 Likes on 1,953 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006FLST
I had the same idea and I love that bike (as you can see in my avatar). However I also hate the idea of copying. But you got to admit a raked out FXR with rigid struts is just too cool. Plus 90% of the riding crowd today will not even know that movie let alone what an FXR is.
While I agee that 90% of the crowd wouldn't know. I would and that is enough for me.

That said I still think every bike owner should only be concerned with what they think of their bike and not what others think.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:15 PM
mrblister
Elite HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I like scalloped paint jobs.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Frankenbagger
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you like the paint job then get it. you will know that you got it because you like it and not to imitate a movie. To be blunt #$%@ what others think, if they dont like it then they dont have to ride it, clean it, fix it, or park it in their garage. That 2cents has been very valuable to me, as my bike is definitely not everyone's cup of tea.

Quick Reply: Beyond the Law...