EVO All Evo Model Discussion

E R T products oil gauge

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012 | 01:34 PM
JohnFlorida
|
Road Master
Default E R T products oil gauge

Anyone use one of these? Also interested in the pro just oil pressure adjuster. Not really sure how or if it works. I'd like to hear from someone whos used these products.

www.ertproducts.com

Old 01-14-2012 | 04:13 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

I have their oil pressure gage. Its the best gage I have ever run on a Harley. Over the years I have watched probably a dozen gages fail on every Harley I have owned. Probably around 2005 I put one of their gages on my Shovel and sold the bike years latter with the same gage working perfect. When I bought this Evo I have now I immediately installed their gauge.... its still working flawlessly. Its my understanding that their claim to fame is that their gage is the only Harley specific pressure gage on the market. That all the others are just automotive gages adapted to motorcycles via an adapter. As such they are the only gage that accurately reads the super low pressures that Harley's have when the bikes get super hot. So far I have found this to be the case. I have not run the pressure adjuster but I did read about it. Sounds interesting but oil pressure just has never been an issues with Harley's for me. When they get hot, the pressure drops, not the volume, so I never messed with the thing.

Old 01-14-2012 | 05:09 PM
JohnFlorida
|
Road Master

I'm not really concerned about oil pressure either but like the way a gauge looks on an evo . Thanks for verifying the gauge it looks like a good product

Old 01-16-2012 | 07:52 AM
stokes
Cruiser

I bought one of their "Super pump kits" for my '97 EVO.It came with the gauge and 3 seperate springs to adjust the oil pressure.I do find I have to switch between the "strongest" spring,used in the hot weather and one of the weaker springs when the cool weather comes around.The gauge seems to be of excellent quality.I looked at the kit that comes with an adjustable "thumbscrew" instead of seperate springs.What I didnt like about the adjustable kit,is that when you start the bike you set the pressure then when it warms up you have to adjust it and then when it gets hot,adjust again.Too much monitoring constantly.I find the "Super pump kit" works well and only requires any adjustment twice a season.Forgot to say.their customer service is the best I've ever seen.They respond almost immediately with any questions.

Last edited by stokes; 01-16-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-16-2012 | 08:56 AM
HarleyGyrene
Road Master

Just checked out their site and added the gauge to my Winter Mods list. Looks like a good product.

Old 01-21-2012 | 12:17 PM
JohnFlorida
|
Road Master

Just installed the gauge and oil pressure reads 22 at idle. very happy with that

Old 01-21-2012 | 03:16 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't have the guage or kits but after a bit of reading I think I will treat the two bikes to the guage and spring kit. Thanks

Old 01-21-2012 | 05:19 PM
stokes
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JohnFlorida
Just installed the gauge and oil pressure reads 22 at idle. very happy with that
That may drop considerably when it gets real hot,Ideal,at least for my '97,is 10 at warm idle.When riding around town,not hiway,I go down to a couple to 5 psi,which is okay.According to ERT you dont want the "at speed pressure" to go up past 36 to 40 psi.He told me if it runs up near 50 psi at speed,it can starve the low end of oil.Like I said,I have the 3 spring kit so I had to do some experimenting to get a good balance.In colder weather I am able to maintain the 10 psi at warm idle,but in hot weather it does drop some at warm idle.